ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Greenspan named head baseball coach at Northwestern

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
If you follow this forum, you probably know that Ben played baseball at Indiana when his dad was the athletic Director. He will have his hands full cleaning up the Northwestern program, but he was always a good guy and I wish him the best.

Sounds like he's walking into a hairy situation with that AD too.

Players are finding out things for the first time through the various public announcements.

Reactions: Seyton
Greenspan will definitely have his hands full turning around the program. The Wildcats had 17 players go into the portal while picking up four transfers, and they lost their top offensive player in Stephen Hrustich to Michigan.

Greenspan was an associate head coach and recruiting coordinator for Michigan last season. In addition to playing for IU, he was an assistant coach at IU under Tracy Smith up until 2014.

Here's a quote from Kyle Schwarber on the announcement:

"The Greenspan family will be the perfect fit for the Northwestern Baseball program. BG's knowledge of the game, what it takes to win in the Big Ten/national stage, and how to get the best performance out of his players are things that he will bring to Northwestern Baseball. He will bring a team together and mold them into men for the next step in a baseball career and post-baseball. The impact he had on my career and others at Indiana was massive, and the lessons learned are things that I carry still to this day."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT