ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball school

Jssanto

All-American
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
I would feel that most people would look at IU and Kentucky and call them basketball schools.
However, Kentucky football has been doing well of late. Ranked #20 currently.
Michigan and Ohio State do both sports well. Wisconsin, Iowa, and even perhaps PU.
What does it take for us?
Luck into a young Bobby Knight, nick Sabin, etc?
Put money into facilities to wow recruits?
Or in 2022 create an NIL that draws the Alabama, Georgia, and OSU recruits?

I absolutely hate that tag, have since I was a kid. It does zero positives for the football program. Why do you think Mark Stoops fired back at Calipari two weeks ago when he made those goofy comments? BTW, I live in Kentucky and everyone I know clamors to keep Stoops in place but are lukewarm at best towards Calipari.

Regarding IU football, Tom has built a defensive culture. That was evident in last night's performance which resulted in a huge goal line stand that saw California transfer, Tevis, blow up the play. Build that same culture/emphasis on the oline, and you'll see Indiana football soar...Nasty oline play is a culture, I don't know why people can't understand this.

Not possible. The only hope for occasional good seasons is finding Randle El or Tevin Coleman once in a while.

College football is a corporate enterprise. It wants the status quo. IU is a victim in the equation and Ohio State and Michigan are fine with that.

We are a basketball school?
9th place until proven otherwise.
We may be the only “basketball school” that geeks out over play-in wins over Wyoming and then proceeds to get their doors blown off by St. Mary’s. That’s a big step for IU, though, to get out of the conference lower half I guess.

I would feel that most people would look at IU and Kentucky and call them basketball schools.
However, Kentucky football has been doing well of late. Ranked #20 currently.
Michigan and Ohio State do both sports well. Wisconsin, Iowa, and even perhaps PU.
What does it take for us?
Luck into a young Bobby Knight, nick Sabin, etc?
Put money into facilities to wow recruits?
Or in 2022 create an NIL that draws the Alabama, Georgia, and OSU recruits?

Not possible. The only hope for occasional good seasons is finding Randle El or Tevin Coleman once in a while.

College football is a corporate enterprise. It wants the status quo. IU is a victim in the equation and Ohio State and Michigan are fine with that.
A. We’re 1-0.

B. We were in the top 10 TWO years ago. I do t care if it was a Covid year…you play the games.

C. Even if you discount that, the year before we won 8 for the first time in 30 years. We are literally doing what you said we need ARE to do.

No pedestrians hit since the CTC years…. And that was an intoxicated pedestrian
We did have one jump onto the hood of a moving car on Halloween while intoxicated. Could have killed himself. Felt bad for the sober team mate that was driving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT