ADVERTISEMENT

Baldwin Decommitted

Hopefully his offered is yanked completely and he isn't given the chance to reconsider. If you're having second thoughts about playing for this coach/program after what you've witnessed, we don't need you.
Indy, love the passion but it appears the kid is getting new major national attention. What is the best message to send from a new coach? I don't know. Feels like some grace to sort through the attention may be a good look. If we keep winning kids will want to play here and we can get others like this kid. I think the perception is more important than this one kid. Thinking out loud. Thoughts? Go Hoosiers!

Indy, love the passion but it appears the kid is getting new major national attention. What is the best message to send from a new coach? I don't know. Feels like some grace to sort through the attention may be a good look. If we keep winning kids will want to play here and we can get others like this kid. I think the perception is more important than this one kid. Thinking out loud. Thoughts? Go Hoosiers!
That's exactly the point. I want kids who WANT to play at Indiana, not kids who feel the need to open their recruitment to receive national attention. Football is a team sport, not a me sport. I could understand flipping for Alabama or Georgia but to de-commit and strongly consider the like of Colorado (where he appears headed), UCLA, Missouri, etc......ya go pound sound.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
The kid hasn't played a down of football for us or anyone else In past years losing this highly rated recruit would be disaster. If we have the year I think we will have he is just a replaceable part. there is another 4 star or an established portal transfer who would jump at the opportunity. get another Commitment. pull this kid's offer. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
Time to send the message that we are no longer doormats on the field or in recruiting Wars. We won't be held up or derailed by putting all our eggs in a basket held by a high school senior.

We should have known this was going to happen. He was being recruited by too many big ‘name’ schools. So was it money or just wants to go to a college that has a better name for football?
In this day of NIL it's all about the money. You go to highest bidder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT