ADVERTISEMENT

Back for more advice

peegs

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Columbus, Indiana
Headed to Nashville this weekend for the NCAA baseball regionals

Any recommendations on eating spots near Vandy or the downtown area?

Best local beer?

Thumbs up on Surly Furious for that Minnesota trip, one of the best I've ever had. Should have gone out and picked up some for the return trip home.

Best local beer?

Thumbs up on Surly Furious for that Minnesota trip, one of the best I've ever had. Should have gone out and picked up some for the return trip home.
I have enjoyed some beers from Jackalope and Fat Bottom, IIRC, but the only specific beer I remember is Black Betty from Fat Bottom, which was good, but not mind-blowing. Yazoo gets a lot of respect, but I can't recall ever having any of their products. It's certainly the first place I would check out if I were going, though.

Best local beer?

Be sure to check out the Whiskey Kitchen for a meal. Really, really good.

http://mstreetnashville.com/restaurants/whiskey-kitchen

Best local beer?

Pucketts for dinner and breakfast (get the King's French Toast and thank me later) is a solid choice. You must have Jack's BBQ while there. Yazoo City IPA is solid, but not spectacular. They have some good beer bars down there so don't settle for crappy stuff. There's a little pizza place right off Broadway (sorry, can't remember the name) with solid beer choices and great pizza. Hit Robert's late night for their fabulous house bands and some cold PBR's.

Best local beer?

Go to Hattie B's Hot Chicken. The chicken is incredible and the sides were fantastic. My wife gave me one bite of her Peach Cobbler and I thought I would cry it was so good. It is right next to the Courtyard Vanderbilt West End. We took our daughter down at the end of February to visit Vanderbilt as a potential graduate school. She chose IU for grad school instead which is great. But I will have to make another excuse to go to Nashville just so I can visit Hattie B's.

Best local beer?

And be sure to hit the Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Great food there too.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie

Best local beer?

If you're on Rivals expense account hit the Stockyard. Killer steaks and strong drinks. Get an order of fried turkey nuts....

McHoop

http://www.stock-yardrestaurant.com/

Last edited:

Best local beer?

TOOTSIES That's all you need to know.

I've lived in Nashville for the better part of 2 years now and have enjoyed scouting out great places to eat (and drink) here. I will likely go to a game this weekend as well and hope the weather holds up. As for food, Whiskey Kitchen is a favorite of mine. Hattie B's is good but I would go to Puckett's for hot chicken and waffles. One of my favorite places for bbq and southern food is The Row (near Vandy). Soulshine has solid pizza as well and a nice beer selection (also near Vandy). I am a big fan of Yazoo and Jackalope is great too. If you go to the row, have the Kentucky Bourbon Ale. It is excellent even though its named after a state RMK can't say out loud!

If you are interested in other ideas, let me know. My e-mail address is nigelmharper@gmail.com

Reactions: Bige821

Best local beer?

East Nashville is where the cool people eat.

Wish I could remember the place where that gorgeous friendly waitress worked. She was a singer and lacked that certain moral reluctance...

This was in the early '60's?
2013 y'all

The Western Kentucky Fighting Petrino's beat the Kentucky Fighting Stoopid Wildcats.

I went to The Frist Center and the Art Deco Car Exhibit, The Mother Church of Country Music, the RosePepper Cantina (Nashville's Best Margarita), where I allowed the hottest waitress on the planet ply me with her superior feminine wiles.

Don't tell Peegs I remembered.

2013 y'all

The Western Kentucky Fighting Petrino's beat the Kentucky Fighting Stoopid Wildcats.

I went to The Frist Center and the Art Deco Car Exhibit, The Mother Church of Country Music, the RosePepper Cantina (Nashville's Best Margarita), where I allowed the hottest waitress on the planet ply me with her superior feminine wiles.

Don't tell Peegs I remembered.
Then color me confused as to what her "moral reluctance" was?

I was hoping for more.

#disappointed

LACK of moral reluctance

She was not chaste
I'm guessing this was her?

tumblr_np1htdoXlT1u4n7tco1_400.jpg

As others have said; pancake pantry and Hattie B's are go to's. I also like SATCO (San Antonio Taco Company) and there is one near Vandy

As others have said; pancake pantry and Hattie B's are go to's. I also like SATCO (San Antonio Taco Company) and there is one near Vandy

I am a fan of Pancake Pantry but it has become so busy that its hard to get into between 8:30 and noon.

I've lived in Nashville for the better part of 2 years now and have enjoyed scouting out great places to eat (and drink) here. I will likely go to a game this weekend as well and hope the weather holds up. As for food, Whiskey Kitchen is a favorite of mine. Hattie B's is good but I would go to Puckett's for hot chicken and waffles. One of my favorite places for bbq and southern food is The Row (near Vandy). Soulshine has solid pizza as well and a nice beer selection (also near Vandy). I am a big fan of Yazoo and Jackalope is great too. If you go to the row, have the Kentucky Bourbon Ale. It is excellent even though its named after a state RMK can't say out loud!

If you are interested in other ideas, let me know. My e-mail address is nigelmharper@gmail.com
If Puckett's is better than Hattie B's, then I need to make another trip to Nashville!! We were only there a couple of days so i didn't get a chance to explore too much with my wife and daughter.

Best local beer?

Peegs - if you like that high, lonesome sound of Hillbilly music (country or bluegrass), go to The Station Inn. Late. Never know who will show up to play.

http://stationinn.com/index01/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT