ADVERTISEMENT

B10 Baseball so far

snowling

Hall of Famer
A few weeks and games under the bridge and we find B10 Baseball as of the games to March 8 as follows:

Iowa (9-2)
Illinois (11-3-1)
Indiana (8-4)
Maryland (8-4)
Michigan (10-6)
Ohio State (6-4)
Nebraska (7-6)
Michigan State (6-7)
Minnesota (5-7)
Purdue (5-9)
Northwestern (3-11)
Penn State (1-8)
Rutgers (1-9)

The coming week and series this weekend will probably tell us a lot about this Indiana team and its early development. IU plays six home games in eights days, gets its first midweek games and CSF weekend series will be a great set of games to bring to Bloomington. I'm sure the Bart will be full and I hope the weather is great for the season home opening week.
Go Hoosiers

A question for you......(okay, two questions).........

Sorry I don't know your name, but you seem to be the one most in tune to IU baseball. I think IU's 8-4 record has been impressive because they haven't played a single home game yet. Is that true of most of the Big Ten teams?

Also, any idea about Will Coursen-Carr? I really thought he would be the next stud for this pitching staff. Is he hurt?

Thank you for information you can provide.

Toby.

Question Re: Donley

I saw preseason Donley was going to play in the outfield and not just be a DH. He started the season out there and now is right back at DH. Why was there the buildup around the change and then it's done already? Did he make errors out there and lose his spot?

Yes, most northern teams play on the road the first month or so because of the weather in our region in February.

C-C is going to be fine, all about getting that confidence back. He threw 2 good innings yesterday, that's positive. Lots of good arms on staff.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It's all about lineup flexibility. Donley being able to play LF a bit can help get some other bats in the lineup, as well as get some young guys experience. Donley is not an every day LF right now, but his bat can't leave the lineup. There has been a lot of lineup experimentation and IU has lots of guys that can play multiple positions, lineup flexibility.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT