ADVERTISEMENT

Are you an IU fan or just a Crean hater?

jvolp

Redshirt
Sep 18, 2001
I will be 70 years old in a couple of weeks and I have been an IU fan since about 1958 when I started getting interested in sports. I have seen or heard IU win games they should not have won and I have seen or heard IU lose games they should have won. I have always rooted for and supported our coaches whether I liked them a whole lot or not. I have never had any control over who our coach is. However, first and foremost, I am an IU fan. I say this because I feel like a portion of so-called IU fans root against us just because they don't like Tom Crean. I myself don't think he is the greatest coach ever but who is. There has never ever been a coach who won every game he was supposed to win. That is one thing that is so great about sports. Upsets are possible and sometimes happen. I watched the game tonight and I kept thinking, although I wanted IU to win, that Fort Wayne deserved to win. They played a great game, they were coached better tonight and their players wanted it more and played harder than our players. Hopefully, Coach Crean and the IU players learned a good lesson and we will improve enough to have a very good season when all is said and done. However, no matter how this or any other season turns out, I will always pull for IU and whoever our coach is to do well. Thanks for reading and Go Hoosiers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News