ADVERTISEMENT

Are we gonna have fun watching Tyler Natee this season?

syddasloth

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2002
Jacksonville IL
Can you picture Natee lead-blocking and running behind the likes of Dan Feeney steam-rolling LBs, DBs, just anyone in his path? I mean a guy 6 feet high, 270-ish wide, pads down in his Cream & Crimson uni, doing damage. I admit to being inspired by comments made recently by Coach McCullough about Tyler's development. "To me it (his weight) doesn't matter because he still runs like a guy who is 230-something and he packs a wallop. It's hard to tackle him. He's a big guy."

Coach Mac says that he is working with Natee to lower his pads and run behind them. Says he's shown progress. "In high school he was so big he would just run into guys and they would submit. Here, I told him, yes you're going to knock guys back, but we want you to keep running. If you're running with momentum and you hit a guy and you fall forward you can get another two yards. But I want him to get 10 more. I want him to drop his shoulder and drive his feet."

"He has accepted that challenge and it was noted the next day. He hit that hole and I swear he ran into four guys like he had hit a wall, but he gained yards because he was driving his feet."

Can you just see it happening?

Since Tyler was a QB, not a RB when we recruited him, he is just learning how to tote the ball. And it sounds like he has the perfect teacher and mentor to show him how to use his beastly build. This story from The Herald Bulletin.com just stokes my appetite for the start of some leather-popping. How about you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News