ADVERTISEMENT

Archie on the Dems

The problem with that is simple.

It's always the stereotypical conservative, personified by Archie Bunker as a bigot, who thinks the country is headed into the dumper, as those he's predisposed to dislike gain more advantages, i.e. recognition of rights. Meanwhile, the rest of the world, even moderate GOPers realize we learn things along the way which might change how we view others and in some cases how we consume products.

It's still a bunch of old white guys who think the country is heading into the heap.
It was posted for a laugh. You couldn’t resist just like Goat couldn’t.

Those “old white guys” many of you like to disparage did and still do a lot of positive things for this Country.

And the right wing intolerant uneducated douche bags that Archie represented, today still wouldn’t get that they were being made fun of.
Many of those uneducated douche bags you refer to died so that you have the freedom to call them names.

Many of those uneducated douche bags you refer to died so that you have the freedom to call them names.
Stollpa I was not referring to veterans. Referring to bigots like Archie Bunker. Father, uncles, and brother were vets. Would not disparage them as some Republicans are doing now. But to your point, I’m sure there have been bigots that died for our freedoms. They sacrificed for our freedoms but didn’t change that they were bigots.

Reactions: stollcpa
Stollpa I was not referring to veterans. Referring to bigots like Archie Bunker. Father, uncles, and brother were vets. Would not disparage them as some Republicans are doing now. But to your point, I’m sure there have been bigots that died for our freedoms. They sacrificed for our freedoms but didn’t change that they were bigots.
And there are Republican and Democrat bigots.

It was posted for a laugh. You couldn’t resist just like Goat couldn’t.

Those “old white guys” many of you like to disparage did and still do a lot of positive things for this Country.
I loved All in the Family, and it became even funnier when I learned they were making fun of my father's father and my great uncle on my mom's side.

My point doesn't change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT