ADVERTISEMENT

Approach with caution...

I would think Sean is happy in Zona, so to me there is no problem...

Go after Auuuuchie...
There is no reason for Sean Miller to leave Arizona. He has a big time gig and he has done great with recruiting. Also, at this point the pac ten is a better conference than the big ten easily.

How does IU offer both miller brothers? If you offer sean first, will that make archie feel like the ugly stepsister?
I would say Sean says no thanks and if you guys are smart go hire my little brother he is an up & coming superstar.

Archie is much better than Crean.

He has had numerous high profile assistant jobs and his wife is super hot. He also has a great recruiting class coming in and recruits locally well.

Things he has done at Dayton that Crean has not done at IU.
*Teams rank well defensively.
*2 straight conference championships.
*4 straight NCAA tourney appearances.
*Finished in top 2 of conference 3 straight seasons.
*Been to a conference tournament championship.
*Better record in NCAA tournament than Crean.

With all this said, I still prefer Donvan, Marshall, & Holtman over him.

Archie is much better than Crean.

He has had numerous high profile assistant jobs and his wife is super hot. He also has a great recruiting class coming in and recruits locally well.

Things he has done at Dayton that Crean has not done at IU.
*Teams rank well defensively.
*2 straight conference championships.
*4 straight NCAA tourney appearances.
*Finished in top 2 of conference 3 straight seasons.
*Been to a conference tournament championship.
*Better record in NCAA tournament than Crean.

With all this said, I still prefer Donvan, Marshall, & Holtman over him.

I prefer Donovan, Bennett & Sean over him but I agree about his wife. She could unite the fan base for sure

Too many IU fans are selling us short. I hear it all the time. "So and so won't leave so let's just settle for Archie." That's utter hogwash. IU is a big job that is still highly coveted.

There's going to be a BIG hire this time...a home run hire. Go ahead and mark it down. There's going to be big $ involved this time.

Too many IU fans are selling us short. I hear it all the time. "So and so won't leave so let's just settle for Archie." That's utter hogwash. IU is a big job that is still highly coveted.

There's going to be a BIG hire this time...a home run hire. Go ahead and mark it down. There's going to be big $ involved this time.

I saw in another thread that you are getting rid of your 30+ year season tickets. Are you able to make sure than Glass or the President know why you are doing this?

I saw in another thread that you are getting rid of your 30+ year season tickets. Are you able to make sure than Glass or the President know why you are doing this?
I already gave them up a couple years back. I doubt Glass even remembers me. I've only met him a couple times at certain events. I probably won't get them back but if IU makes the home run hire I'm hearing they're going to make I'll start going to most games again. Will probably just buy them online for the days I can go. Less hassle, no commitment.

I already gave them up a couple years back. I doubt Glass even remembers me. I've only met him a couple times at certain events. I probably won't get them back but if IU makes the home run hire I'm hearing they're going to make I'll start going to most games again. Will probably just buy them online for the days I can go. Less hassle, no commitment.
We've had the same info recently. Do you want to give any clues on this HR hire? I

Archie would be a horrible hire....would really show how far IU has slipped. I'd rather have Crean if Archie freaking Miller is the best that can be done.

I wouldn't go that far, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy, either. He's not a home-run, although maybe he'd develop into an elite coach.

I wouldn't go that far, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy, either. He's not a home-run, although maybe he'd develop into an elite coach.
I think if you get turned down by Donovan, Bennett and his brother, than he would be fine. He would be here for 25 years.

Just curious what type of circle are you hearing the HR hire info from? People that are 3-5 steps away from the admin, or closer?

Big money this time? Isn't Crean one of the higher paid coaches in the country?

MD fan here. Some of you guys really don't think Archie would be a good hire?!?!? As a Big Ten competitor, he's of the last names I'd want to see at a program like Indiana. Young, hungry, and really really good.

I will continue to push my guy's name....Billy Donovan until they offer and are told no. Its like buying that lottery ticket at Speedway for the record jackpot and settling for two dollars less than the full tank of gas I bought....No big regrets when I don't win.....

Think about this....If Billy Donovan ever returns to the college game...then what would his priorities be? What kind of program would he be looking for in order to achieve the kind of success that he is both capable of and accustomed to? The list of programs gets much smaller by "his" standards, imo. Who would make his cut? IU offers Billy Donovan as much as Billy Donovan offers IU....thats why its a great fit.

I will be the first to jump on board with the new coach not named Billy Donovan....ready to move on from this failed experiment.

Donovan will be the next IU coach. Forget the second and third tier guys. Donovan is all but a done deal from what i am hearing.:D

Donovan will be the next IU coach. Forget the second and third tier guys. Donovan is all but a done deal from what i am hearing.:D

As much as I wish you were being real, I have to expect that you are joking for my souls sake.

He is not joking...
there is a noticable absence of reaction to this....you realize that, don't you? Could be positive shock.....could be pure skepticism and doubt.....but still....a very specific and definitive reference to IU and Donovan can't surely go this unnoticed......

there is a noticable absence of reaction to this....you realize that, don't you? Could be positive shock.....could be pure skepticism and doubt.....but still....a very specific and definitive reference to IU and Donovan can't surely go this unnoticed......

Psychological distress at play I'm sure. The past is to blame for that.
Time will tell...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT