ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone that doesn't like this hire is a moron ...

I don't get who doesn't like this hire. Alford old men? I don't know who said no but I am happy with Archie.Alford is stale and dated way beyond the best used date.

Reactions: Chicaco1908
There are a slew of Kentucky fans laughing their heads off right now, too. Kentucky wasn't going to hire a mid major coach. They will go after a big dog, likely land Donovan or someone of that level.

Let's see, as for UK getting the best and brightest:

Sutton came from Arkansas. Not a sure thing to jump to the elites
Pitino came from Providence and a failed stint with the Knicks
Tubby came from Georgia where he did well but hardly a "home run" hire
Gillespie. Nothing else needs to be said
Cal: came from UMass, failed NBA then Memphis. He was about as close to a home run as long as sanctions didn't stick to him

Now:
Coach K came from Army
Coach Self came from Illinois where he did well but not an elite program. Close to a sure thing. Best he did there was elite 8
Coach S Miller from Xavier
Coach Alford good at SWMS and NM but not great at Iowa.
Coach Stevens from Butler before he was "found"
Coach Donovan from Marshall before he went to Florida

I would say the only coach who was a "home run" hire in recent memory was Williams going to UNC

The only "home run" IU could have made was Stevens (not a snowballs chance he is leaving Boston) or Donovan (how many coaches leave a playoff NBA team for college) and that would have been a miracle to pull them. Who is your realistic "home run"?

Also, UK likely getting Donovan... he has turned them down once or twice before.

Reactions: BrewCityCy
Its embarrassing how dumb a lot of IU fans are. Intelligent fans of other teams are all applauding this but the high school dropouts are all over the IU boards saying "who the hell is this guy he hasnt coached any nba hall of famers in his 6 years as a head coach!!!". It makes Indiana look like an uneducated state full of low info fans

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT