ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone find it odd?

TheRehab5

Freshman
Sep 3, 2015
that they have not brought up IU hiring Miller at all between timeouts of these games tonight? It's pretty big news. Unless I missed it they haven't even brushed the subject.

that they have not brought up IU hiring Miller at all between timeouts of these games tonight? It's pretty big news. Unless I missed it they haven't even brushed the subject.

No. The focus of the tournament coverage should be on the tournament games. Those kids and coaches have earned the attention . . . these teams are on the cusp of going to the Final Four or going home with a measure of disappointment.

That said, I'd guess there'll be a bit of discussion at half-time . . . and that's plenty of exposure.

They mentioned it on their pre-game....no opinion, just a mention...the story will be enhanced Monday with the press conference...

That's what I'm referring to. The studio not the court.

I wasn't referencing the court. This may come as a surprise to you, but Indiana is a blue blood program that gets more share than a school with so many other decent quality programs in the same state typically would receive, but it's not the center of the basketball universe at the moment.

That's why we made the coaching change . . .

. . . we need to earn the additional studio time with the way we play on the court. I think that's possible with Archie, but the mere fact of his hire only opens that door again . . . it's not a reason to shunt the teams still playing to the side.

I wasn't referencing the court. This may come as a surprise to you, but Indiana is a blue blood program that gets more share than a school with so many other decent quality programs in the same state typically would receive, but it's not the center of the basketball universe at the moment.

That's why we made the coaching change . . .

. . . we need to earn the additional studio time with the way we play on the court. I think that's possible with Archie, but the mere fact of his hire only opens that door again . . . it's not a reason to shunt the teams still playing to the side.

I get what your saying, but I think your exaturating a bit. I'm def not looking at this as IU is an attention whore. It's simply pretty damn big news to not be remotely discussed for two minutes at half time.
I find it odd is all.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
Its been pretty annoying from the NCAA. I hate how distanced the tourney is from reg season play with contracts turning to tbs,tnt,trutv. Contracts turning to NBA analyst. And no coverage of anything but the NCAA tournament game your watching being repeated over and over and over,the same stories being discussed over and over and over... when in the studio. Its very self absorbed but id expect nothing less from the ncaa

Last edited:
I get what your saying, but I think your exaturating a bit. I'm def not looking at this as IU is an attention whore. It's simply pretty damn big news to not be remotely discussed for two minutes at half time.
I find it odd is all.
I made a post similar about this when Crean was fired.
You gotta be careful how you word /type things or else your an attention whore/jealous....which is completely not the case ,youre/(were) just curious and would like to hear something on it

Or you can just word it however and let them waste energy over things they make up in their head

Yes exactly, reminds me of texting my wife sometimes and it takes me ten texts to realize she's just on her period and not insane. Possibly insane but we all are to a degree.

Its been pretty annoying from the NCAA. I hate how distanced the tourney is from reg season play with contracts turning to tbs,tnt,trutv. Contracts turning to NBA analyst. And no coverage of anything but the NCAA tournament game your watching being repeated over and over and over,the same stories being discussed over and over and over... when in the studio. Its very self absorbed but id expect nothing less from the ncaa

Irony personified . . . .

Terrible, that's some more shocking crap. Women's basketball on ESPN and men's on TBS TNT or whatever TRU.
They want to force it down our throats.

Lol this is sounding like a women bashing thread but it's not. Haha

I thought you were going to take a year off from this place if Alford wasn't hired as HC . . . .

Did I? You got a quote? I recall hoping the aholes bashing Alford would leave but not sure of this expectation you had.
So I irritate you? Lol

Did I? You got a quote? I recall hoping the aholes bashing Alford would leave but not sure of this expectation you had.
So I irritate you? Lol

Nah, I've had exposure to classless guys like you before . . . no worries for me.

You got a problem bro? No need to beat around the bush. Spit it out if you got an issue.
If not then shut up and stop trying to stir the pot cuz you suck at it. At least be funny when you try and get under someone's skin. Humor endorses class spit fire.

Reactions: csrupp
Terrible, that's some more shocking crap. Women's basketball on ESPN and men's on TBS TNT or whatever TRU.
They want to force it down our throats.

Lol this is sounding like a women bashing thread but it's not. Haha
CBS/Turner paid more than ESPN for the men, so that's why they have it.

This thread is awful.

CBS/Turner paid more than ESPN for the men, so that's why they have it.

This thread is awful.

I'm starting to think you and JonesIndiana are the same person. Both have the personality of a street hooker on her 10th hour. Dry and exhausted.
Please stop stalking. You will sleep better if I'm not in your head.

Reactions: csrupp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT