ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone actually think we'll get Mullins?

Maybe he wants to WIN and play on the big stage! Maybe he looked at the IU squad and was wondering who was going to play the 5 next year? Maybe he went to the IU practice and did not see a future there! Maybe he looked at Woody and saw a coach who's future is ????? Maybe it is not about the money!
What are your reasons he didn’t sniff the Boilers Dipshit?

Reactions: T.M.P.
It is about the money — it has to be about market for the player. This is a problem for poverty Purdue. Painter keeps lowballing recruits and trying to rip them off by paying them less than they are worth. It’s sad.
Yeah it's sad. Winning big ten championships despite "lowballing" recruits lol. Do you ever read what the hell you write ? Painter's reputation nationally, locally etc is about as solid as oak. Those rose colored(I mean crimson) glasses you wear to bed also?

We offered significantly more than anyone else. Mid-September this started to turn. The in-home portion was not good for us compared to the competition. It was the energy of the other coaches. Which we've been on him for 2 years and everyone else 4 months. So that's understandable for a 66 yo man to not seem jacked like Hurley every time he meets with a family hes known 5x longer. Hurley won the living room.

That doesn't mean Big Pete wont come back to the table, but it's sad that we would have do that just to keep a kid home.

Reactions: iubhounds
Yeah it's sad. Winning big ten championships despite "lowballing" recruits lol. Do you ever read what the hell you write ? Painter's reputation nationally, locally etc is about as solid as oak. Those rose colored(I mean crimson) glasses you wear to bed also?
Wasn’t long ago you fools were running Porkchop out of town Bozo.

• Haha
Reactions: redrocker5
I hope you aren’t messing with us. I would think it would be a very good sign. Wouldn’t make alot of sense to come to an IU football game 4 days before committing to UCONN

Not messing with you at all. He was standing right in front of us at the Fox pregame show.

Reactions: IULouie
Good eye. He likes IU and probably just wanted to experience the big game FB atmosphere. It's easier to go to a game before he commits to UConn than after. That's of course assuming he goes to UConn, which seems to be the chatter.

Even if he commits to UConn, people won't give him too hard of a time if he is around Bloomington.

We offered significantly more than anyone else. Mid-September this started to turn. The in-home portion was not good for us compared to the competition. It was the energy of the other coaches. Which we've been on him for 2 years and everyone else 4 months. So that's understandable for a 66 yo man to not seem jacked like Hurley every time he meets with a family hes known 5x longer. Hurley won the living room.

That doesn't mean Big Pete wont come back to the table, but it's sad that we would have do that just to keep a kid home.
well, I can see Hurley's enthusiasm being infectious, but it sounds to me like he's also telling them what they want to hear with his "10 month plan". But, I think he's just saying you "could be drafted in 10 months" to get him there and then he'll play him off the bench, behind guys (potentially) like Ball, Mahaney, McNeeley and Adams.

Hard to know nowadays, but I think he's got more comp for PT at UConn than IU, but he may be behind guys at both places.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Not messing with you at all. He was standing right in front of us at the Fox pregame show.
How'd you know it was him? I can't see coming to an IU fball game 2 days before he'd commit to UConn, so if it was him, I think it's a very good sign. I've hoped all along that playing for the in state team would end up winning out and I've always thought gave us a puncher's chance even with all the UConn talk.

well, I can see Hurley's enthusiasm being infectious, but it sounds to me like he's also telling them what they want to hear with his "10 month plan". But, I think he's just saying you "could be drafted in 10 months" to get him there and then he'll play him off the bench, behind guys (potentially) like Ball, Mahaney, McNeeley and Adams.

Hard to know nowadays, but I think he's got more comp for PT at UConn than IU, but he may be behind guys at both places.
Pitching a 1 and done NBA plan is pretty easy, I would think.

"We want high level kids in our program, that have aspirations to play in the NBA. If your plan is 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, whatever...we'll help you work towards your goals. We have a proven track record with the 1 and done path. If that's your path, we'll help you get there."

And then dig in and show them how they're going to get him tons of shots within their offense, how he'll have a chance to handle the ball, show him highlights of all the NBA guards and wings they've had in the last few years, how much "better" Spencer was in their program...etc...

Its a compelling pitch right now. And taking my bias out of it, hard to argue with.

I don't think Mullins is 1 and done, never crossed my mind until UConn pitching it came up. But what anyone else things doesn't matter, if Braylon and his family want that...and UConn is giving them the impression they're the best place to help him with that... in most cases, for kids that have legitimate NBA potential, it is usually one of THE biggest decision making factors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT