ADVERTISEMENT

Any experience with Audis?

I know that’s what I said. One owner, second or third car and only drove it in the summers.

I also thought about it being some dead person's car that had been waiting for the estate to settle before it sold.

Haven’t been on the board today and I was expecting to see the Trump verdict at the top of the page, but instead I see, “Any experience with Audis?”

It reminded me of, “Would you like to play a game?”

I felt we were back up to DEFCON 5 and America was saved.,

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Haven’t been on the board today and I was expecting to see the Trump verdict at the top of the page, but instead I see, “Any experience with Audis?”

It reminded me of, “Would you like to play a game?”

I felt we were back up to DEFCON 5 and America was saved.,
I tried to save America! But I just got a new car instead. So I helped the economy and I’m sure made the day of the sales guy that I failed to negotiate with

Not sure why anyone would ever buy an Audi. If you can't afford a Mercedes or BMW that's okay, not everyone can.

Yet you're still too vain to lower yourself to a nice practical car like a Lexus or a Toyota. If you want a fun car buy a fun car. If you want a practical car buy a practical car. Don't sit in this shitty middle ground.

Audi's are the choice of many a vanity riddled, mediocrity.

Not sure why anyone would ever buy an Audi. If you can't afford a Mercedes or BMW that's okay, not everyone can.

Yet you're still too vain to lower yourself to a nice practical car like a Lexus or a Toyota. If you want a fun car buy a fun car. If you want a practical car buy a practical car. Don't sit in this shitty middle ground.

Thanks for your help and advice. Useless and stupid as always. You know about as much about cars as you do politics, but as usual count yourself as an expert.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Thanks for your help and advice. Useless and stupid as always. You know about as much about cars as you do politics, but as usual count yourself as an expert.
Far from an automobile expert. I can look at maintenance costs and I can look at price of the vehicle.

I never had the car fetish. I've driven fast and luxurious cars. It's cool for a second. But at some point it just becomes your everyday vehicle. 30 MPH in a Toyota doesnt feel all that different from 30 MPH in a Mercedes.

Ok COH I did it. Audi 5S. It’s older than I wanted, 2018, but only 17,000 miles on it. A really pretty kind of navy/royal blue, black convertible top. I’m coming back for you if it’s a lemon. ( kidding, have lots of friends testifying). My negotiating sucks. They gave me less for my car and didn’t come down at all for price. But I wanted it.
You’ll love it. Start an investment program now to pay for speeding tickets. 100 mph and you won’t even know it.

You’ll love it. Start an investment program now to pay for speeding tickets. 100 mph and you won’t even know it.
Lol. I jumped when the engine started it was so loud. I’ve never had anything powerful like that before. It’s definitely a smooth ride though. I have to find the name of the color. Went in looking at a black one but loved this. Figure I’m not getting any younger, it’s easier to find a blue car in a crowd!!

Lol. I jumped when the engine started it was so loud. I’ve never had anything powerful like that before. It’s definitely a smooth ride though. I have to find the name of the color. Went in looking at a black one but loved this. Figure I’m not getting any younger, it’s easier to find a blue car in a crowd!!
You’ll need to give the car a name.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
It’s called Navarro Blue
Congratulations! It should be a fun car. It's great to have a distinctive color, since the trend right now is that black, white, and variations of gray seem to dominate sales. I fell for Mazda's "Soul Red metallic" and it still makes me smile every time I see it.

Congratulations! It should be a fun car. It's great to have a distinctive color, since the trend right now is that black, white, and variations of gray seem to dominate sales. I fell for Mazda's "Soul Red metallic" and it still makes me smile every time I see it.
Having a distinctive color is one thing, but being behind the wheel of the fastest car in sight would make me smile more.

Our cabrio was was the color of red wine, we named it Shiraz.

@zeke4ahs

Having a distinctive color is one thing, but being behind the wheel of the fastest car in sight would make me smile more.

Our cabrio was was the color of red wine, we named it Shiraz.

@zeke4ahs
I have to admit that having a very fast car is pleasing. It particularly pleases me when I’m in the left lane clearly passing someone in the right and some fool decides he’s going to pass me on the right and cut in front of me. Not going to happen.

Last edited:
It was between that and a black with red interior but went with blue to help me find it! My first car of my own, bought for me for graduation, was lime green. Everyone in town knew that car! 😎

Real question, do you enjoy being a dick just for the sake of being one? A silly little thread about a new car and you have to come in and be an ass about it. What makes people want to do that kind of thing? Explain it to me. Genuinely curious.

Real question, do you enjoy being a dick just for the sake of being one? A silly little thread about a new car and you have to come in and be an ass about it. What makes people want to do that kind of thing? Explain it to me. Genuinely curious.
Audis are junk. I believe a purchase of one indicates a character flaw.

Did you not start this thread so people may opine on Audis? Apologies if I was mistaken.

Audis are junk. I believe a purchase of one indicates a character flaw.

Did you not start this thread so people may opine on Audis? Apologies if I was mistaken.
Well it appears that the majority of people and reviews disagree with you. And I guess I have my answer….you enjoy being a dick. Reminds me of someone else…. PS. I can afford to buy any car I want.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Can't disagree with that. I'll drive Toyota's and Lexuses until I die. Toyota's are definitely more practical, but I also have a hint of vanity.
Except it’s not just vanity. The premium brands often are the first to offer features & amenities, & the styling is always different. Mark’s take on premium brands is about as informed as his take on premium fuel.

Lexus, Acura, and Infinity are the Toyota, Honda, and Nissan for those with more money than sense.
True for Acura and Infiniti. Not true with Lexus. They are heavily modified from the Toyota counterpart and they have several models that have nothing in common with Toyota.

True for Acura and Infiniti. Not true with Lexus. They are heavily modified from the Toyota counterpart and they have several models that have nothing in common with Toyota.
Toyota has also been in trouble for falsifying safety records.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT