ADVERTISEMENT

Another volcano just erupted in the “Ring of Fire”

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions have been rattling countries around the Pacific Rim this year.
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/24/16924312/earthquake-volcano-mayon-philippines-japan
A massive column of smoke and ash shot nearly 10 miles into the sky above Sumatra Monday morning as Mount Sinabung, one of three currently active volcanoes in Indonesia, began erupting.
It’s the latest rumble in what’s already been a very rowdy couple of months along the Ring of Fire, the geological region that follows the 25,000-mile perimeter of the Pacific Ocean and is home to 90 percent of the world’s earthquakes.

Indonesia raises aviation warnings after big Mount Sinabung eruption
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...t-sinabung-spews-massive-smoke-and-ash-column

Indonesia is home to around 130 volcanoes due to its position on the "Ring of Fire", a belt of tectonic plate boundaries circling the Pacific Ocean where frequent seismic activity occurs.

How far away are you?

Oh, and I recommend garaging the car . . . .

500miles. But let's hope the winds change direction and blow westwards. Let the Burmese suffer. I am too precious a snowflake to suffer crappy air.

I got stuck once on Bali for an additional 3 days because the flights were all cancelled due to a nearby volcano. Not exactly suffering but was a pain to get a refund back from the airline.

500miles. But let's hope the winds change direction and blow westwards. Let the Burmese suffer. I am too precious a snowflake to suffer crappy air.

I got stuck once on Bali for an additional 3 days because the flights were all cancelled due to a nearby volcano. Not exactly suffering but was a pain to get a refund back from the airline.

WPP.

:)... yeah... occasionally I get to feel/enjoy that privilege, especially being of a different skin tone myself on a daily basis.

There's a bit of TMP in your personality.

I haven't decided whether that's a good thing or not. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT