ADVERTISEMENT

Another potential therapeutic that already exists..

Krafty97grad

Junior
Dec 3, 2004
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a231cd...f/cholesterol-lowering-drug.html?guccounter=1

Still requires clinical trials.

Given the amount of gain in various biotech/pharma stocks, the next six months should be a fascinating race for vaccine/cure. The eventual arguments may devolve into if there is a need for a vaccine vs if a cure/treatment is highly effective. Cure/treatment only, is very dependent on quick / accurate (similar to 15 min strep test) testing (which seems further away at this point on a broad scale). However, it may shrink the vaccine population to only those at high risk.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a231cd...f/cholesterol-lowering-drug.html?guccounter=1

Still requires clinical trials.

Given the amount of gain in various biotech/pharma stocks, the next six months should be a fascinating race for vaccine/cure. The eventual arguments may devolve into if there is a need for a vaccine vs if a cure/treatment is highly effective. Cure/treatment only, is very dependent on quick / accurate (similar to 15 min strep test) testing (which seems further away at this point on a broad scale). However, it may shrink the vaccine population to only those at high risk.
Nice find, Krafty.

A couple of comments: (1) one of the side effects is potentially a serious adverse reaction with alcohol. What is the likelihood that this side effect negates the usefulness of fenofibrate as a treatment? I guess if you feel really bad you're less likely to drink much, but that isn't a universal ethic . . .

. . . (2) how treatable is the common cold? I guess the point is that the severity of having the coronavirus would be limited to feeling like you have a common cold . . . and so you're likely to be both miserable and contagious for a while . . . but on the whole that's a whole lot better than life-threatening and hospitalization-inducing.

I'd guess Trump says thumbs down to this treatment; it'd interfere with the profits of the liquor industry. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT