ADVERTISEMENT

Another assassination attempt at Trump

Dude he had an illegal fully automatic machine gun after a barricading incideent with cops in NC. Subsequent to that he also committed a number of additional felonies in NC (that we're aware of) and possibly other places. So why wouldn't he come to the FBI's attention?

The bigger question is,assuming he legally purchased the firearm, which state's lax gun laws allowed a habitual offender who has committed numerous felonies to purchase an AK-47? It would seem nobody even did a basic background check...
Sounds like we need to eliminate those pesky gun regs so more loons can get guns easier.

I admittedly haven’t read the links - and I have no dog (no pun intended) in this Haitian fight. But I find it hard to believe there was a magical place in Ohio that had excess demand for jobs and not enough supply to fill them. That’s unicorn stuff.
Springfield lost jobs and population for decades and was in dire straits. After Biden passed legislation like the Inflation Reduction,Chips and Infrastructure bills helped to revive the manufacturing industry. New faactories opened in Springfield and since the city's population had dropped from close to 80,000 to only about 50,000 there were jobs available for people who wanted to work.

Since there were already Haitians who had settled there previously, word of mouth and attempts by employers to find employees made Springfield seem like the Promised land to Haitians eager to find work. So thousand migrated there, but the rapid growth from 50,000 back to 70,000 caused some issues. Like DeWine mentioned it overtaxed the health and social sevices, and of course there is going to be a degree of racism and xenophobia.

But I've never heard any of the disgruntled townsfolk maintain that a Haitian stole their job. The complainers seem to be people who for whatever reason already weren't working. As McGregor the CEO of McGregor Metals said in one of the PBS reports, he preferred the Haitians because they didn't goof off, came to work each day and worked hard, and didn't have drug problems.

He said he had 30 Haitians in his workforce and wished he had 30 more. The reality is that when a city loses it's industry and as a result a huge chunk of it's working population, many of those who are left behind are not exactly cream of the crop...

Springfield lost jobs and population for decades and was in dire straits. After Biden passed legislation like the Inflation Reduction,Chips and Infrastructure bills helped to revive the manufacturing industry. New faactories opened in Springfield and since the city's population had dropped from close to 80,000 to only about 50,000 there were jobs available for people who wanted to work.

Since there were already Haitians who had settled there previously, word of mouth and attempts by employers to find employees made Springfield seem like the Promised land to Haitians eager to find work. So thousand migrated there, but the rapid growth from 50,000 back to 70,000 caused some issues. Like DeWine mentioned it overtaxed the health and social sevices, and of course there is going to be a degree of racism and xenophobia.

But I've never heard any of the disgruntled townsfolk maintain that a Haitian stole their job. The complainers seem to be people who for whatever reason already weren't working. As McGregor the CEO of McGregor Metals said in one of the PBS reports, he preferred the Haitians because they didn't goof off, came to work each day and worked hard, and didn't have drug problems.

He said he had 30 Haitians in his workforce and wished he had 30 more. The reality is that when a city loses it's industry and as a result a huge chunk of it's working population, many of those who are left behind are not exactly cream of the crop...
Interesting, thanks. I could use more detail on which companies invested in a small town. That’s quite the gamble those businesses made, to move into a market where there are not enough working bodies to take the jobs. Sounds like an opportunity for more healthcare practitioners too.

There is zero room for racism or xenophobia.

Interesting, thanks. I could use more detail on which companies invested in a small town. That’s quite the gamble those businesses made, to move into a market where there are not enough working bodies to take the jobs.
A lot of times, when a manufacturing space goes down, it is left derelict / abandoned.

Several jobs that I have designed are where a new company will move into the abandoned space with their new equipment. While having a brand-new facility has its advantages, if you are a small business trying to get off the ground, there are a lot of cost savings moving into a property where the floor slab is already poured, the walls / roof are already present, and the existing utility hook-ups (power / water / sewer) are ready to go. This is also especially true if the space has already had the previous equipment demolished / sold off.

Combine that with potential tax incentives from the city and moving into that market can be fairly appealing from a rate-of-return perspective on up-front costs. Even under ideal conditions though, there's probably a two to three month turnover time period. So you have a decent amount of time to start recruiting the work force necessary to fill the need.

It seems clear that American people are at war with the Democratic Party of Hate and don't seem to know it. The Party of Hate wants to steal workers money and pay for their endless wars. Add that the Bush warmongers are now supporting the Dems to continue to push funding of war. Those Bush or cheney people if you like were wanting to push for american military dominance in the world before 9/11. 9/11 triggered them to get it started. What was it called Project for American New Century then later Foreign policy Initiative. It was disbanded in during Trump's time as president. So seems to make sense why all those Bush warheads are endorsing their Democratic warheads.

The Democratic Party has been interfering with freedom of speech, blackballing candidates (RFK), interfering in elections by circumventing primaries to not allow Americans to hear and vote for candidates the Party has not chosen, labeling people terrosts (Tulsi). They don't care if their wars are against foreign entities or Americans as long as they stay in power. They have duped Americans to think that the immigrants eating pets BS is as or more dangerous than labeling political opponents as threats to democracy and calling them the next Hitler. Now assassinations attempts are en vogue.

You can't dislike the people associated with the party of Hate enough. They are the real American versions of whatever evil foreign leader they label others. They are real threat to DEmocracy and more importantly freedom.

Somebody had to give inside info to this guy! He is from out of state and just happens to show up on a Sunday, at the time that Trump is on the course, getting ready to play the hole where he is setting up his weapon?
He hung out at the fence for 12 hours, waiting, so he didn't know when.

he did know where, but this is one of two courses Trump plays, virtually every weekend he is home, and the Jupiter one is far less common than the West palm beach one, mainly since it's near the airport so he can easily have guests play and then leave discreetly.

So he knew Trump was in town. Not hard to know.
He knew Trump plays golf on Sunday mornings. I mean, do you expect him to go to church? :)
He knew the course Trump usually plays.

Probably he simply took an educated guess and was right

He showed up hours before the street closures and motorcade arrival, and HID OUT. You would THINK that the area would have been cleared better, but we are talking about a big area. Still, SS needs to do better.

And we need to make it so that nutters are not armed with semiautomatic weapons.

Last edited:
He hung out at the fence for 12 hours, waiting, so he didn't know when.

he did know where, but this is one of two courses Trump plays, virtually every weekend he is home, and the Jupiter one is far less common than the West palm beach one, mainly since it's near the airport so he can easily have guests play and then leave discreetly.

So he knew Trump was in town. Not hard to know.
He knew Trump plays golf on Sunday mornings. I mean, do you expect him to go to church? :)
He knew the course Trump usually plays.

Probably he simply took an educated guess and was right

He showed up hours before the street closures and motorcade arrival, and HID OUT. You would THINK that the area would have been cleared better, but we are talking about a big area. Still, SS needs to do better.

And we need to make it so that nutters are not armed with semiautomatic weapons.
Love how people said that shots were fired at Agent Orange. Didn’t happen but some here will claim it did.

Interesting, thanks. I could use more detail on which companies invested in a small town. That’s quite the gamble those businesses made, to move into a market where there are not enough working bodies to take the jobs. Sounds like an opportunity for more healthcare practitioners too.

There is zero room for racism or xenophobia.
My understanding is that Springfield put on a full court press to attract both new manufacturing and new workers. I assume the former involved the usual tax breaks and the latter involved getting groundbreaking on the former underway. At any rate, it predated Biden. You can find lots of these old articles:

I picked those two articles because they make it clear that the plan to attract both the jobs and laborers predates Biden by quite a few years.

After some research, it seems you are more right, than wrong on this.
There is no “gun show loophole”.

That refers to the legality of private sales and that will never go away, nor should it.

If I want to sell my old browning 20 gauge to my younger brother because he used it to bag his first squirrel and really wants to own it, I should be able to do that without involving the government.

That refers to the legality of private sales and that will never go away, nor should it.

If I want to sell my old browning 20 gauge to my younger brother because he used it to bag his first squirrel and really wants to own it, I should be able to do that without involving the government.

Its why I said, more right, than wrong. ;)

I admittedly haven’t read the links - and I have no dog (no pun intended) in this Haitian fight. But I find it hard to believe there was a magical place in Ohio that had excess demand for jobs and not enough supply to fill them. That’s unicorn stuff and sounds like retcon journalism.

Happy to be wrong.
That may be true, I don't know. The town went from 80,000 to 60,000 in the census, depending on who the 20,000 that left were, it could be true. It may be corps did it without the city, from an article talking about the mayor:

• Springfield officials were in the dark about the possibility of a large immigrant relocation to the area, Mayor Rob Rue said at the recent Springfield City Commission meeting, but a “network of businesses knew what was coming.”

Investigation by the city’s Immigrant Accountability Response Team formed in October of 2023 has revealed the possibility “there were companies that knew they were going to make an effort to bring in individuals who were crossing the border based on federal regulations that they could do that,” Rue said. “I’m upset at the fact we didn’t get a chance to have an infrastructure in place if there were going to be 20,000 more people from 2020 to 2025. We didn’t get to do that.”

If I want to sell my old browning 20 gauge to my younger brother because he used it to bag his first squirrel and really wants to own it, I should be able to do that....
Nobody wants to stop private sales.

The ability to avoid background checks at certain types of gun swap meets was a gaping wide loophole that I think was finally closed, AGAINST GREAT OPPOSITION.. Selling a gun to a total stranger for an asking price is different, don't you think?

That may be true, I don't know. The town went from 80,000 to 60,000 in the census, depending on who the 20,000 that left were, it could be true. It may be corps did it without the city, from an article talking about the mayor:

• Springfield officials were in the dark about the possibility of a large immigrant relocation to the area, Mayor Rob Rue said at the recent Springfield City Commission meeting, but a “network of businesses knew what was coming.”

Investigation by the city’s Immigrant Accountability Response Team formed in October of 2023 has revealed the possibility “there were companies that knew they were going to make an effort to bring in individuals who were crossing the border based on federal regulations that they could do that,” Rue said. “I’m upset at the fact we didn’t get a chance to have an infrastructure in place if there were going to be 20,000 more people from 2020 to 2025. We didn’t get to do that.”
It might not have actually been a government initiative, after all, but it certainly wasn't a secret. The mayor acting like this was all a surprise is a bit rich.

Nobody wants to stop private sales.

The ability to avoid background checks at certain types of gun swap meets was a gaping wide loophole that I think was finally closed, AGAINST GREAT OPPOSITION.. Selling a gun to a total stranger for an asking price is different, don't you think?
Part of the legislation that the NRA opposed, was this. The government wanted to ALSO impose background checks on private sales. Or what the NR believed to be..

H.R. 8, would create new universal background check requirements for gun transfers between unlicensed individuals, something the NRA, according to this official, is vehemently against because it believes that constitutes a private transfer.

Reactions: outside shooter
My understanding is that Springfield put on a full court press to attract both new manufacturing and new workers. I assume the former involved the usual tax breaks and the latter involved getting groundbreaking on the former underway. At any rate, it predated Biden. You can find lots of these old articles:

I picked those two articles because they make it clear that the plan to attract both the jobs and laborers predates Biden by quite a few years.
And guarantee these companies are taking advantage of the cheap labor. It’s the American way. Big business would love open borders. Profits would soar because labor costs would go down.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Part of the legislation that the NRA opposed, was this. The government wanted to ALSO impose background checks on private sales. Or what the NR believed to be..

H.R. 8, would create new universal background check requirements for gun transfers between unlicensed individuals, something the NRA, according to this official, is vehemently against because it believes that constitutes a private transfer.
Thanks

I wasn't aware of extension to private sales. Sounds like poorly worded legislation.

As a gun owner since age 7, I am fine with no limits on any sales of any guns whatsoever to mentally capable non-felons, EXCEPT for guns with limited utility in hunting, sport, or personal defense. You know, hand grenades, AR15s, AK47s, etc.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
And guarantee these companies are taking advantage of the cheap labor. It’s the American way. Big business would love open borders. Profits would soar because labor costs would go down.
Again. This is such a bizzare talking point coming from democrats.

A. There is nothing inherent about American workers where they need to demand more money for the same job as an illegal immigrant. You get paid for productivity.

B. If it is an issue of labor supply we need to fix that through immigration and having more children.

And when I say immigration, I mean actual immigration, not “You crossed the line, so now you’re safe” amnesty.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
A lot of times, when a manufacturing space goes down, it is left derelict / abandoned.

Several jobs that I have designed are where a new company will move into the abandoned space with their new equipment. While having a brand-new facility has its advantages, if you are a small business trying to get off the ground, there are a lot of cost savings moving into a property where the floor slab is already poured, the walls / roof are already present, and the existing utility hook-ups (power / water / sewer) are ready to go. This is also especially true if the space has already had the previous equipment demolished / sold off.

Combine that with potential tax incentives from the city and moving into that market can be fairly appealing from a rate-of-return perspective on up-front costs. Even under ideal conditions though, there's probably a two to three month turnover time period. So you have a decent amount of time to start recruiting the work force necessary to fill the need.
Sure, it’s called brownfield, but it’s usually not done in a place where there are less people than there are jobs. It’s usually the other way around. Plant shuts down, people lose jobs - new company refurbishes plant and hires the people.

This isn’t that.

Reactions: DANC
It might not have actually been a government initiative, after all, but it certainly wasn't a secret. The mayor acting like this was all a surprise is a bit rich.

Perhaps the exponential growth is a surprise. Like I said - this kind of stuff doesn’t happen too often. It’s very rare for businesses to gamble that “if we build it they will come” approach.

Yeah we’re all for one criminal selling and assault weapon to another criminal. After all it’s just a private transaction. Any law abiding person should have no issue with background universal background checks. Would help keep guns from some who shouldn’t have them. Also, every state should have red flag law. Just common sense. Doesn’t take rights away from those who are law abiding. And don’t start with the government is getting in my business. They already are along with businesses of all kinds tracking everything you do.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

A. There is nothing inherent about American workers where they need to demand more money for the same job as an illegal immigrant. You get paid for productivity.

B. If it is an issue of labor supply we need to fix that through immigration and having more children.

And when I say immigration, I mean actual immigration, not “You crossed the line, so now you’re safe” asininity.

As far as I can tell, the vast majority in Springfield are legal. You may not like the program, but it exists. Just like Southern Florida is filled with Cuban families from a legal program that existed.

Perhaps the exponential growth is a surprise. Like I said - this kind of stuff doesn’t happen too often. It’s very rare for businesses to gamble that “if we build it they will come” approach.
No doubt this is a case of too much success, in a way. But the mayor made it sound like they were purposefully kept in the dark by the nefarious businesses, and that's just foolish. They tried to attract the jobs, they knew people were trying to attract immigrants to the area to boost the economy, just put 2+2 together. Can't blame them if the real result ended up being 10, but it sounds like they are claiming they couldn't even see the 4 coming.

(I'm sorry that metaphor was quite tortured.)

Reactions: BadWakeboarder

And when I say immigration, I mean actual immigration, not “You crossed the line, so now you’re safe” asininity.
First not a democrat and everyone you disagree with or hate isn’t one.
Not even sure what point you’re trying to make about the American workers wanting equal pay with an illegal immigrant. My point is that big business wants cheap labor from illegal immigrants. They won’t complain for fear of being deported. Happens all the time. My uncle employed many for less than what they paid Americans.
You actually think more kids will solve the problem? People are having fewer because they can’t afford too many.
And they finally got rid of the Cuban privilege of just touch our shores and you’re legal. Never understood that policy which is a favorite of the right. But anyone fleeing rape, murder, and gangs no can take. And the Cubans did send their worst and we just let them in.

First not a democrat and everyone you disagree with or hate isn’t one.
Not even sure what point you’re trying to make about the American workers wanting equal pay with an illegal immigrant. My point is that big business wants cheap labor from illegal immigrants. They won’t complain for fear of being deported. Happens all the time. My uncle employed many for less than what they paid Americans.
You actually think more kids will solve the problem? People are having fewer because they can’t afford too many.
And they finally got rid of the Cuban privilege of just touch our shores and you’re legal. Never understood that policy which is a favorite of the right. But anyone fleeing rape, murder, and gangs no can take. And the Cubans did send their worst and we just let them in.
There's nothing illegal about the Haitians in Springfield. They have green cards. They are allowed to work. And it would be highly illegal for any of those plants to pay them less simply because they are foreign nationals.

There's nothing illegal about the Haitians in Springfield. They have green cards. They are allowed to work. And it would be highly illegal for any of those plants to pay them less simply because they are foreign nationals.
You’re right highly illegal but done all the time. As I said my uncle did this. He also got caught with many illegal immigrants and no fine no penalty of any kind. Common practice in the food processing industry too. Slaughter houses etc.

Are those the only two options for people to immigrate to the U.S.?
Maybe Greg Abbott or Desantis gave them free bus rides or plane rides to go north like they did for others they didn't want in their own states. Remember that?

Who? 😂 And I said Donny could have done something about it. After all he had 4 years. Probably too busy making America great again. And here I was dumb enough to believe we were already the greatest country in history. That’s what every politician republican and democrat have said since I’ve been alive. Oops. My mistake. Orange Jesus said we are a failing horrible place.
Black Vishnu - Kamala Not surprised you don't get it.

Sounds like swman's uncle should be brought up on criminal charges.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT