ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement Wednesday

After the Brad Stevens saga I told myself that I am not going to get caught up in the message boards. Well that didn’t last long. I am back looking at updates every few minutes, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: CG Paul and h20pls
By the way, did we have our bet? I never did see you acknowledge it, but I agreed to both Zags v UM and Baylor v IL.

No way in hell I would have agreed to MI vs zags after livers went down. You could have stole my money on IL but we never agreed on anything.

If we get Thad and he is healthy that will be amazing. His first 9 years, and how he raped Indiana recruiting. Man everyone should just be all in on him if healthy. only 54!!!!
Yeah, just the way things wound down at OSU and not just the fact that he had health issues, but that he looked so decrepit. I still have trouble believing he's 53/54. I am way more mobile today than he looked 3 years ago and I have a bum knee and fused ankle/leg.

Hope not. Would be really bad imo. His best years are well behind him.

How so????? I havent followed him at all since back surgery, but if he is rejuvenated an healthy? Dude, he had 5 1 or 2 seeds in his first 9 years!!!!!

If he isnt healthy obviously totally different

How so????? I havent followed him at all since back surgery, but if he is rejuvenated an healthy? Dude, he had 5 1 or 2 seeds in his first 9 years!!!!!

If he isnt healthy obviously totally different

His best years are well behind him. I assure you. You'd be getting 2017 Thad not 2007 Thad.

Reactions: Bligedy
His best years are well behind him. I assure you. You'd be getting 2017 Thad not 2007 Thad.

I mean if thats the case and he is redder than the koolaide man, I am with you, But If he can go run a few miles and says he is healthy, no brainer.

Yeah, just the way things wound down at OSU and not just the fact that he had health issues, but that he looked so decrepit. I still have trouble believing he's 53/54. I am way more mobile today than he looked 3 years ago and I have a bum knee and fused ankle/leg.

He hasn't done shit for like 4 years? If he spent a few years at a beach and rehab and is a new man.... Id be all in on him.

He could not move at the end, I would just watch him work out. His brain hasnt declined.

Where is college basketball going? And as you can see, basketball is different than it was three years ago, four years ago, six years ago in terms of how it fits into the NBA and moving on and playing professionally. I think we have to blend all of that together to have an attractive style of play, that obviously can win consistently, but that players want to play in and see themselves in.

i dont think bennett or Matta meet this....

Reactions: outlawyer
Where is college basketball going? And as you can see, basketball is different than it was three years ago, four years ago, six years ago in terms of how it fits into the NBA and moving on and playing professionally. I think we have to blend all of that together to have an attractive style of play, that obviously can win consistently, but that players want to play in and see themselves in.

i dont think bennett or Matta meet this....

Thad convinced a lot of studs with brands to come play at OSU.

Reactions: HoosierHogMeister
After the Brad Stevens saga I told myself that I am not going to get caught up in the message boards. Well that didn’t last long. I am back looking at updates every few minutes, lol.
yeah me too. I made the mistake of of watching BTB's chat board last week and they had Tracey Stevens in Bloomington picking out flooring samples from local contractors to begin construction of their new mega-mansion on Lake Monroe. Tracking flights from Texas, Btown, White Plaines (Isiah was apparently involved in the Stevens recruitment) and Boston. Total Fn Rick-rolled. Can't imagine how many man-hours were lost at work from everyone hitting refresh and reading every 30 seconds.

Done deal. Announcement in two days. People will be happy.
I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Done deal. Announcement in two days. People will be happy.
Let me guess . . . Billy Donovan?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Last edited:

LOL - I never get tired of that...makes me chuckle every. damn. time.

Last edited:
He’s in his first year with the Bulls,who’s paying THAT buyout?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT