ADVERTISEMENT

Analyzing The Game Film - 2024 vs. Decades Past

IUFANBB

Benchwarmer
Oct 31, 2012
While we won pretty easily, we made a few errors.

But the difference this year vs. years past, we have a staff making adjustments to a winning system.

We have not really had that since since Coach Mallory.

We have changed HC's, DC's, & OC's so many times in the last 24 years; we never established a continual system.

I read an article back in early Aug about CCC's preparation for UCLA. This guy is super organized.

I have confidence that baring major injuries; we will get continually better as the year progresses.

I'm excited about the future of IU football. Go IU!!

I'm just impressed anybody would subject themselves to past film of IU football. ;)
(Ok the Mallory years, even I enjoy those.)

On a racing forum I hang out on, a Penn State fan just thanked Indiana for letting go of Tom Allen. He very much enjoyed the new defense in their opener against West Virginia, said it looked like good aggressive Penn State dee of years past. And said the players love playing for him. The responses were that he's fine as a coordinator, but for Indiana the change was a big upgrade.

Cig is impressive. To have his desire and energy at my age. (Im only a few years younger.) Glad he loves his job! Come on fans, turn out!

I'm just impressed anybody would subject themselves to past film of IU football. ;)
(Ok the Mallory years, even I enjoy those.)

On a racing forum I hang out on, a Penn State fan just thanked Indiana for letting go of Tom Allen. He very much enjoyed the new defense in their opener against West Virginia, said it looked like good aggressive Penn State dee of years past. And said the players love playing for him. The responses were that he's fine as a coordinator, but for Indiana the change was a big upgrade.

Cig is impressive. To have his desire and energy at my age. (Im only a few years younger.) Glad he loves his job! Come on fans, turn out!
I completely agree. I like CTA, just think he is best in a coordinator role.

The defense really caught my Eye. Without looking at past film it is obvious that They are playing much faster in previous years. They appear to know their assignments, They are getting to the ball and They aren't missing one on one tackles. The Db's actually look like They are in good Defending position and They aren't holding and groping receivers going down the field like They are on a Saturday night date.

Some people are not meant to be a head coach and Tom Allen is one of them.
There is a concept in management we all know. Tom Allen is Peter Principle’s poster child personified.

Speaking of Tom, I didn’t see anyone wearing a ball cap with “LEO” embossed upon it. They might have been laughed out of the stadium. “LEOBS” would have been more appropriate.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
did you happen to catch any of the PSU game? it's nice to see coach allen has calmed down and under control. TIC
He’s a good dude,just not the right temperament to be a head coach,just my opinion.
He’s like the parent who wants to their children’s best friend.
Coach Cig on the other hand😂

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT