ADVERTISEMENT

An odor of competence in the air.......

Carib04

Freshman
Mar 20, 2011
Well IU football has been what it has been for what, the last 25 years? Lot of built up hopes, followed by the flaming wreckage of lost seasons. I not ready to smoke the reefer of the 10-0 start and bring out the rose colored sunglasses (dude) just yet but this sure isn't a Tom Allen team. How good is UCLA, who knows but IU sure does look like they have an idea of what to do out on the football field. Parfume Aux Cig certainly leaves an aroma of competence in the fall air.

Well IU football has been what it has been for what, the last 25 years? Lot of built up hopes, followed by the flaming wreckage of lost seasons. I not ready to smoke the reefer of the 10-0 start and bring out the rose colored sunglasses (dude) just yet but this sure isn't a Tom Allen team. How good is UCLA, who knows but IU sure does look like they have an idea of what to do out on the football field. Parfume Aux Cig certainly leaves an aroma of competence in the fall air.
What I liked was we scored touchdowns in all 4 qtrs. Usually we get a lull.

There is an old saying that there are two types of people in the World those Who make things happen and those Who wonder What Happened. For too many years our Football Teams were in the Second Category. Play a good 3 Quarters .against a good team and then play not to lose rather than to grab the Win. watch the Engine start to leak oil, the tires go flat and the Wheels fall off, because the Coaching Staff and the Players had no confidence in their ability to compete and take charge.
Not this team. They have bought into the system, believe in the Coaches and have confidence in their ability. The coaching staff allows Them to play aggressively for all 4 Quarters rather than back off. It's actually fun to play the 4th Quarter, when You can continue to play hard, rather than stand around and wait for the other Shoe to drop.

Our olfactory bulbs are bursting with pride in detection of this sweet smell of forgotten success. May this effervescent scent linger until the calendars of time come to crumble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT