ADVERTISEMENT

An interesting ’how many minutes?’ program.

He posts a program where you allocate mins/game for IUBB.

Last year, players averaged the following:

Rice: 33 minutes
Carlyle: 26 minutes
Mgbako: 27 minutes
Reneau: 29 minutes
Ballo: 26 minutes
Galloway: 33 minutes
Cupps: 22 minutes
Leal: 15 minutes (in 21 games played)
Tucker: would guess he would receive over 20 minutes
Newton: ???
3 Scholarships left: ???

-----------------------

My dumb guess:

Rice: 26
Carlyle: 26
Mgbako: 27 (13 at the 3, 14 at the 4)
Galloway: 22
Tucker: 22
Cupps, Newton, Leal: share 11 minutes
Ballo: 26
Reneau: 29
Two Unknown Portal Bigs: share 11 minutes
One unused scholarship (per usual)

Between our good luck charm "Clif Marshall" and the competitive practices, I envision some injuries on the horizon.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
Mgbako 28
Rice 27
Reneau 26
Ballo 25
Galloway 27
Tucker 18
Carlyle 15
Cupps 14
Leal 10
Newton 9
Other 1 (until there is a reason to reassess)

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting how this plays out. CMW gets set on starters and locks in for better or worse. For this to work for the overall team it has to be about wins and production. It has to be about defense and ability to score.

Through three seasons CMW has shortened the bench as they get into conf play. Seems more likely when you buy specific pieces who expect to start. I know he's tried subbing in waves with little to no success. Does he try it again?

Bigger question? With the level of success using NIL, do you have to worry about kids leaving from year-to-year? Maybe not. Still, when it appears recruiting is no longer make or break, the reality is you are only one bad shopping spree away from a lost season. You need to land those key high school recruits as insurance.

It's going to be interesting how this plays out. CMW gets set on starters and locks in for better or worse. For this to work for the overall team it has to be about wins and production. It has to be about defense and ability to score.

Through three seasons CMW has shortened the bench as they get into conf play. Seems more likely when you buy specific pieces who expect to start. I know he's tried subbing in waves with little to no success. Does he try it again?

Bigger question? With the level of success using NIL, do you have to worry about kids leaving from year-to-year? Maybe not. Still, when it appears recruiting is no longer make or break, the reality is you are only one bad shopping spree away from a lost season. You need to land those key high school recruits as insurance.
I think the generous substitution patterns in the non-conference was meant to evaluate who could contribute during the meat of the schedule. It seems that he shortened his bench because he didn’t get the production he was hoping for from most of the bench guys.

Reactions: nichlee
Mgbako 28
Rice 27
Reneau 26
Ballo 25
Galloway 27
Tucker 18
Carlyle 15
Cupps 14
Leal 10
Newton 9
Other 1 (until there is a reason to reassess)
I believe Newton will surprise,more minutes.

Can MR and OB play together? Tgat will determine a lot of the minutes. If it makes IU slow on D and leads to trailing, being out of position and fouling, it won't work. Also, as I write this they are the only two bigs on the team. If it ends up they have no other backup CMW won't be able to play them together much.

I think the generous substitution patterns in the non-conference was meant to evaluate who could contribute during the meat of the schedule. It seems that he shortened his bench because he didn’t get the production he was hoping for from most of the bench guys.
He shortened it way too late ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT