ADVERTISEMENT

Alford

kingmanite

Freshman
Jun 5, 2012
My 2 cents for what it is worth. I saw where UCLA had a total of 9 turn overs in the last 2 games this past week end. IU has this many in one half of one game. If Alford could come here and stop the bleeding this team does I want him now. This has been a problem of Crean coached teams ever since he was here. Eliminate these goofs and cut them to a reasonable number and IU wins many more games.

My 2 cents for what it is worth. I saw where UCLA had a total of 9 turn overs in the last 2 games this past week end. IU has this many in one half of one game. If Alford could come here and stop the bleeding this team does I want him now. This has been a problem of Crean coached teams ever since he was here. Eliminate these goofs and cut them to a reasonable number and IU wins many more games.
Cool. What about their horrendous defense?

Cool. What about their horrendous defense?
The defense has been steadily improving as the season goes on...kinda similar to the IU defense you defended so vociferously last year.

SA has had teams with good defenses, number one in the country one year...there are valid concerns with SA as a coach but teaching defense isn't one of them

So you're ok with low turnovers, and not making a final 4 or an elite 8 for that matter?
I did not say that. All I said was cut down the turnovers and that will win a lot more games. Winning more games will get you in the NCAA and not on the outside looking in. I think there is too much emphases placed on the final four or the championships. Your first goal is to win the conference and then worry about the tourney. Only an act of god to teach these players on how to play defense.

We REALLY needed another thread on this. Now start another thread on his hair, another on his sweet jumper 30 years ago, and another about his buyout.

We'll then call this place the Alford forum.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT