ADVERTISEMENT

Alford not likely

Hoosierjeff71

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2012
Sellersburg
He has a healthy buyout at ucla. Our AD is too tight to pony up any money for a football coach, probably same for bssketball. I don't think alford is near worth the buyout.

I'd offer stevens, donovan, few, marshall, in that order.
Three gamble hires i would go with miller, holtman, and bryce drew.

He has a healthy buyout at ucla. Our AD is too tight to pony up any money for a football coach, probably same for bssketball. I don't think alford is near worth the buyout.

That's the kicker, supposedly UCLA is willing to negotiate the buyout as in they want him out as IU wants Crean out

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier

Stevens and Few are almost certainly off the radar. I'd guess that Donovan is too.

Our AD is too tight? Based on what? We've bumped up salaries for football more than we ever have, but we still have the second smallest budget in the Big Ten, and there's not some huge rush by big time football coaches to come here. There's nothing more annoying than when crazy fans act like money grows on trees and can magically appear or that every major coach wants to come here. Seriously, who do you think we can go get and throw money at? Who's dying to come here? And these are the same fans that refuse to come into Memorial Stadium, and make the job less attractive. Allen is a first time head coach (although I think he will do really well) and he's getting a $2 mil base salary. That is more than fair. We were giving Wilson close to $3 mil when he earned his second contract. We've bumped up assistants' pay a few times as well.

Basketball is different though and we're already paying a healthy amount with Crean. Stop spouting off about things that aren't true.

You realize the first 3 from your list have a combined .05% (yes well under 1%) chance of coming here?

Reactions: echs86
lol come on man. If people actually this Stevens and Donovan are even remotely a possibility they need a GD reality check.

Unless you know them personally and they confide in you...it is all just speculation. Money talks, you have no idea if they are happy or what their aspirations are, Hell, Stevens has a home in Zionsville.

When the time comes, you start at the top of your list and work down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT