ADVERTISEMENT

Albums that you love by bands you don't like much

Out of Time ... Shiny happy people is god awful ..,. don't know how that ever saw the day of light.

on the way to taking my daughter to school today, REM's "what's the frequency Kenneth" came on XM. Of course, I then had to listen to "crush with eyeliner". It was REM's only real "electric guitar" based album- and it rocked. Normally I couldn't stand Michael Stipe's whiny delivery and style.

Then I had a thought. What other albums do I really like by bands that I don't really like all that much in general? In other words, I may have an album by a group, but have zero interest in owning or listening to the rest of their discography.

I'd like to hear the rest of the AOTF's picks.

Besides REM (Monster album), Right away I can think of the first two Kings of Leon albums (Youth and young manhood and aha shake heartbreak).

What you got AOTF?
Nirvana Nevermind... that has not stood the test of time. I can not listen to it now.

Monster by REM is their worst album.

The first 7 songs off Kid Rock's first album was good.
I'd agrue that anything after Monster - save for some stuff on New Adventures in Hi-Fi (or whatever its called), is just bad. For whatever reason, I feel like once Bill Berry left the band they didn't really do anything worthwhile - could've been coincidental though. They probably should have just broken up when he left the band.

Reactions: hoosierdug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT