ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Boat Brawl - Thoughts and Prayers

DCGeneral

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2001
I guess there was a pontoon illegally parked, and was told to move because a riverboat needed the space. An argument ensued, and then it got physical when people from the pontoon started beating up one of the workers from the riverboart.

This shows the escalation, the fight, and the aftermath.

Last edited:
Bunch of idiots almost all around. (I think the original dude in the white shirt was probably fine although at a certain point I would have just walked away and called the authorities). The young dudes on the pontoon were idiots who started it and they and all the people who got off the riverboat after the fact to fight are shining examples of why we can't have nice things.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Nothing like a bunch of white boys jumping an African American- flipping cowards. One on one fighting, LFG

No
Watch the Instigation video- presumably drunken white boys from the pontoon boat all jumped in on a single African American worker. Then in second video the paddle boat workers came to defend the single dude who was fighting about 6 folks from the pontoon. Then Pontoon boat folks learned their lesson- Fu(k around and find out- pontoon boat was in the wrong the entire episode

Last edited:
Lots of idiots in this melee, but what were the white people thinking that ganging up on a black guy in that setting was a good idea?

Reactions: Indyhorn
I hope the white guys who started it get the book thrown at them. They started that riot for no reason.

They are lucky that everyone from the riverboat didn't join the right.

Hitting a defenseless woman sitting on the ground with a folding chair could be problem in court.

Legally docked or not, is it proper river protocol to simply "cut loose" a docked boat?
I don't think he was cutting it loose. If I am seeing the video correctly, he untied the mooring lines, moved the boat down about 10 feet and then retied them (so as to make room for the riverboat to dock). I think that is what the original confrontation was about.

It's kinda rude to do that without the boat owner's permission beforehand, but I'm not sure that would fall under an illegal act. Kinda depends on the owners of the dock and what rules they have.

Lots of "Try that in a small town" tribute videos curculating around directed at the pontoon boat family.

I don't think he was cutting it loose. If I am seeing the video correctly, he untied the mooring lines, moved the boat down about 10 feet and then retied them (so as to make room for the riverboat to dock). I think that is what the original confrontation was about.

It's kinda rude to do that without the boat owner's permission beforehand, but I'm not sure that would fall under an illegal act. Kinda depends on the owners of the dock and what rules they have.

If the information from some of the witnesses/news blurbs is accurate, they had been asked to move it themselves by that worker as he informed them it was reserved for the riverboat.

I don't know if signage existed in the area notifying that space was reserved for the Riverboat (you think there would be).

Regardless, it should have been the end of it when they were asked to move by a worker there, as they could see the Riverboat was waiting on their asses to move.

Selfishness and entitlement... 'Merica!

That pontoon had like 5 people whereas that guy was working on a riverboard that probably had a schedule, and was filled with tens of people.

Nobody deserves to be hit by a chair, but that woman definitely reeks of white trash, as does pretty much everyone who instigated the melee.

They were told not to park there and did anyway. They were told to move and didn't. Not rude at all the cut the boat loose. Pretty standard at that point.

Reactions: cosmickid
Lot of dumb to go around in that one. While it feels good to get revenge, they should have just let the police handle the pontoon idiots. Now people from both sides will be sitting their butts in jail/prison.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Black Aquaman is being flooded with CashApp donations. The kid is 16 years old. Give him some props for seeing a stranger getting beat up and wanting to help.

Lot of dumb to go around in that one. While it feels good to get revenge, they should have just let the police handle the pontoon idiots. Now people from both sides will be sitting their butts in jail/prison.

The guy with the chair is probably going to get the biggest charge, at least to my untrained eye. I get being there to help the original employee out, but once he was safe, they should have waited on the police. It appears the police weren't far off since they arrived mid-melee. But it is difficult for cooler heads to prevail. Just watch the White Sox-Guardians fight.

Lots of "Try that in a small town" tribute videos curculating around directed at the pontoon boat family.

Black Aquaman is being flooded with CashApp donations. The kid is 16 years old. Give him some props for seeing a stranger getting beat up and wanting to help.
Wait a minute, so can we glorify violence or not? Or is it entirely dependent on who’s doing it?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Man, you really milk this "why don't whites get as man rights as the blacks" thing.

I guess there was a pontoon illegally parked, and was told to move because a riverboat needed the space. An argument ensued, and then it got physical when people from the pontoon started beating up one of the workers from the riverboart.

This shows the escalation, the fight, and the aftermath.

Sad stuff.

I'm sure each side will say they were "fighting fire with fire," the other side "started it, I finished it," blah, blah, blah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT