ADVERTISEMENT

Al Durham

BigNutsIUFan

Junior
Mar 10, 2005
Anybody know why he only played like 6 minutes? He started the game and Phinnesee went in for him. I dont think he was hurt and we could certainly use his shooting. Doghouse maybe. Anybody know.

Anybody know why he only played like 6 minutes? He started the game and Phinnesee went in for him. I dont think he was hurt and we could certainly use his shooting. Doghouse maybe. Anybody know.
Archie said in his postgame presser he got kicked in the back of the leg.

Good question. I wondered the same. At first, I thought it was the dog house for the previous possession, but then when he didn’t return, I guessed it was something more.

That's weak..
I probably would have lied for him..
Then privately said..Are you that much of a baby ?

Literally didnt even cross my mind he didnt play if that tells you anything... (or so he did, I was eating during first half while watching)

I believe he went to the locker room and did not return. Getting kicked in the back of the leg could injure a knee if your foot is planted and it is more than a kick or off center and at an angle. People dogging Al for an injury should find out what happened and what the injury is before being critical.

Noticed during the game several IU players getting hurt. You see them rubbing their leg, hand, or head, or hobbling around to walk off whatever happened. It's becoming an epidemic.

I believe he went to the locker room and did not return. Getting kicked in the back of the leg could injure a knee if your foot is planted and it is more than a kick or off center and at an angle. People dogging Al for an injury should find out what happened and what the injury is before being critical.

We need some of our internet tough guy posters to join the team. They could get a concussion, a torn achilles, and suffer a leg injury all in the same game and they’d be right back out there the very next game playing at 100%.

I will say ..I've watched IU since the 70's..
This team is pretty soft..
Russell Westbrook had a torn meniscus operated on a Monday..Played that Saturday..
And he didn't have to ..A player of his stature makes the call when he wants to play..

Noticed during the game several IU players getting hurt. You see them rubbing their leg, hand, or head, or hobbling around to walk off whatever happened. It's becoming an epidemic.
It might not apply to basketball, but I strongly believe the more physical and harder hitting football teams suffer fewer injuries. Instead of taking blows they are delivering them. We don't attack the basket like I had hoped we would. We certainly aren't crashing the boards. In all our games this year, I don't remember any opponent that had to leave the game or not able to return. It happens to us nearly every game. I wouldn't say we are the aggressor in many games

Nebraska pulled our defense way off the baseline and had a lot of room to get behind us. To use another football example, it looked like a goal line defense being used at midfield. Once someone got behind the defense, they had an easy basket.

This game was not a well coached game and our players did exactly what Nebraska wanted them to do.

Reactions: BigMobe
This is a team of pansies. Archie needs to get the guys he had at Dayton. I no longer care about ☆ rating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT