ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas Contract

NWfor3

Benchwarmer
Mar 25, 2013
I read that IU Athletics is going to continue their partnership with Adidas for the next 10 years. Is this that much of a deal anymore to athletes (Nike, Adidas, UA?), since NIL?

IIRC TJD and JHS had NIL deals with Adidas. I’m sure Adidas influences certain players, just like Nike does. If we can be a top priority school for Adidas, that helps.

I read that IU Athletics is going to continue their partnership with Adidas for the next 10 years. Is this that much of a deal anymore to athletes (Nike, Adidas, UA?), since NIL?
Yes. Because these contracts will be less important to the athletic departments because NIL direct deals will happen. Why not get all you can now.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I was really hoping they'd change it up. Adidas designers must be about 12. Uniforms are blah as hell and apparel is lame. Dolson might have finally made a mistake there.

Reactions: 76-1
It wasn’t a great contract. Very few get great Nike contracts. Knight had us in freaking converse for a minute too.
Does anyone have Puma? Are they still in business? Ricky looked sweet for awhile on tour. They could kill it for one or two schools I would think. I use to buy puma!

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Does anyone have Puma? Are they still in business? Ricky looked sweet for awhile on tour. They could kill it for one or two schools I would think. I use to buy puma!
They are very very cheap knock off adidas. They both have a boost type sole. I bought them for my kids for a bit because they were good for school shoes. They do have history. Pretty interesting one too. The dassler brothers. I think lamello has puma.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I don’t believe I ever had a pair of Adidas. I went through an ASICS phase with some of the first gels then a NB phase for stability and now Nike Zoom X’s. I looked at Hokas one time but went with Nike.

Its less so now than pre-NIL, but Adidas is still 3rd tier behind Nike and Under Armour. It still makes a difference though. I hate that we are Adidas

I'm glad IU stayed with Adidas. Great brand. They've mostly had good hoops shoes over the decades.

The stripes just fits with Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT