ADVERTISEMENT

Add 2 players for Spring

snowling

Hall of Famer
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Indiana University head men's soccer coach Austin Panchot[/B] (St. Louis, Mo.) have joined the program at the semester break. Both will be freshmen in the fall of 2015.

"We are very excited to have Austin and Cody enroll at IU a semester early," Yeagley said. "They both share a great passion for the game and we look forward to integrating Austin and Cody into our team this spring."

Cody Jewett - GK - Puyallup, Washington (Emerald Ridge/IMG Academy)

Spent two seasons (2011 and 2012) at Emerald Ridge High School ... served as team captain, earning two varsity letters ... as a sophomore helped his team make its first state championship appearance, ending the season with 11 shutouts ... named to the South Puget Sound League second team ... in 2013 as a junior moved to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida ... played for U17 through U20 teams ending with a IMG Championship ... in 2013, traveled with IMG Academy to Lisbon, Portugal and had the chance to play against the Sporting Lisbon Academy team ... parents are Scott and Tami Jewett ... has two older sisters; Brittany, who played soccer at Westmont College, and Jordan ... born December 21, 1995.

Coach Yeagley on Jewett:

"Cody is a talented young goalkeeper with a big growth potential. Cody is a dynamic goalkeeper with a strong technical based. He has been in a great soccer environment out in Puyallup, Washington training under Erik Oman and Matt Olson, both IU alums. Cody also had the opportunity to compete at the IMG Academy for the past two years, receiving great training and tutelage from the entire IMG staff."

Austin Panchot - M/F - St. Louis, Mo. (Lafayette/St. Louis Scott Gallagher)

As a freshman at Lafayette High School, led the varsity team in goals (23) and assists (12) ... first-team all-conference and second-team all-state ... coached by former Hoosier Tim Walters ... played club soccer year round his sophomore, junior and senior years with the St. Louis Scott Gallagher academy team ... reached the national finals with St. Louis Scott Gallagher ... parents are Jeff and Pam Panchot ... has an older (Jean-Luc) and younger (Logan) brother ... Logan is part of the U.S. National Team residency program ... born September 24, 1996.

Coach Yeagley on Panchot:

"Austin is an outstanding playmaker who has the ability to create off the dribble and pass. His tireless work rate and versatility will provide our team with another excellent player to enhance our attack heading into next fall. Austin is a Scott Gallagher product who joins a distinguished list of blue chip recruits from St Louis who have made their way to Indiana University."

Go Hoosiers!

per Varsity Club

This question was asked prior to Thanksgiving ..

With no reply from anyone that I could see, and with this bit of news today, I am wondering the same thing: how does our recruiting class look, and how does the outlook for this coming season look? How do we stack up in the B1G and nationally?

Thanks in advance!

Impressive resume on the GK recruit. I wonder if they think he can step in right away and win the job from Webb- who will be a Junior...or if they are realistically thinking that he'll redshirt for a year and then either compete with Webb or sit behind him for a season and then he'll have 3 years to be the starter. There aren't a lot of kids who play for the U17 & U20 national teams that want to go to a college program and then wait a full 18 months as a redshirt. We'll see.

Either way, excited to see a top GK recruit coming in the door.

I don't know anything about who we are recruiting. All I know is from reading what Steve posts!

Recruiting class is usually announced in mid-February ...

these were probably noted sooner since they are January (spring semester) enrolled students. There are a few NCAA soccer publications and websites, but I do not subscribe to any of those. You might check the B10 Soccer webpage for possible news and rankings.

Go Hoosiers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT