ADVERTISEMENT

About two years ago, I began using Bionic golf gloves with black palms

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
because I can't stand white golf gloves. These gloves were somewhat expensive, but they would last several months.

I recently got some new ones and my left palm (I play golf right-handed) is totally black after I remove my glove at the end of a round. When I try to wash off the black film, my palm goes from black to gray. Even if I wash my hands five or six times, it won't totally remove the stain.

What do you guys think? Is it dangerous from a health standpoint? I contacted the manufacturer on its website Sunday and still haven't gotten a response even though it said they would get right back with me. I'm really worried about these gloves because they didn't do it in the past.

because I can't stand white golf gloves. These gloves were somewhat expensive, but they would last several months.

I recently got some new ones and my left palm (I play golf right-handed) is totally black after I remove my glove at the end of a round. When I try to wash off the black film, my palm goes from black to gray. Even if I wash my hands five or six times, it won't totally remove the stain.

What do you guys think? Is it dangerous from a health standpoint? I contacted the manufacturer on its website Sunday and still haven't gotten a response even though it said they would get right back with me. I'm really worried about these gloves because they didn't do it in the past.
After a quick google search and reviews of the top 2018 golf gloves out there, I'd say you got ripped off. Bionic did not make anyone's top 10 list. I recommend brown jersey gloves. They are cheap, form fitting, and not white.

Probably a counterfeit product treated with a radioactive black dye. You will die .......... eventually.

Reactions: crossfire74
These last forever. Been using one since I left the farm for Bloomington.

7zzIx2i.jpg

th

Put Winn dri-tac grips on your clubs and you won’t need a glove. Best grips I’ve ever had. You’re welcome.

Put Winn dri-tac grips on your clubs and you won’t need a glove. Best grips I’ve ever had. You’re welcome.

you beat me to it.

love Winn grips.

prefer the Winn Exel wrap.

soft enough that it doesn't tear up even soft hands, and gives great grip even in cool weather.

McNutt, if you need a glove, you're using the wrong grip.

IU40 is spot on. get the right Winn grip, and you'll never use a glove again.

Submerge it in a bag of rice Jerry.

They feel great, but they wear out much too quickly. I won't buy them again.
Golf Pride Multi Compound Cord grips are the answer:
golfpridemulticompoundcordmidsize.jpg

Reactions: twenty02
the dri-tac do wear out fairly quickly but i really like them so don't mind. i think (hope) i will get at least two seasons out of them. if not i will just put on some new ones. worth it. i have never liked cord.

That’s very odd. Cool if it works for you... most people (and obviously pros) wear gloves.

That's exactly my thought, if the Pros wear them, then it seems that's the best approach. Of course they probably get paid to wear a glove, so...

That’s very odd. Cool if it works for you... most people (and obviously pros) wear gloves.

Fred Couples and Lucas Glover are two major winners that a quick search reveals don't wear gloves. Not bad company.

It's obvious Cap isn't around given the one you teed up for him.

Reactions: IU40IU
Fred Couples and Lucas Glover are two major winners that a quick search reveals don't wear gloves. Not bad company.

It's obvious Cap isn't around given the one you teed up for him.

Really... Fred Couples and Lucas Glover? Ha!

How about Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Tiger, Phil, Justin Thomas, or Jordan Spieth... you know, golfers that have won this decade?

Reactions: C-$

Agree on the Dri-tacs. They are great when new...but they are worn out faster than any grip I've ever played.

the dri-tac do wear out fairly quickly but i really like them so don't mind. i think (hope) i will get at least two seasons out of them. if not i will just put on some new ones. worth it. i have never liked cord.

They were one season and done for me. They start literally falling apart in your hands, with little pieces of rubber coming off. They are great grips new though, if you don't mind the expense of replacing them often.

They were one season and done for me. They start literally falling apart in your hands, with little pieces of rubber coming off. They are great grips new though, if you don't mind the expense of replacing them often.
wow that sucks. i've noticed that my driver grip is starting to wear and this is the first season with them, but nothing to that extent. that's disappointing because i really do love them. what did you switch to?

wow that sucks. i've noticed that my driver grip is starting to wear and this is the first season with them, but nothing to that extent. that's disappointing because i really do love them. what did you switch to?

Golf Pride CP2 currently. I like them.

I was playing a LOT more back when I had the DriTacs, FWIW.

W14GPCP2WRPSTDBK

GolfPride-CP2-Ad.jpg

it's a trade off.

the longer a grip lasts, the harder the material its made out of.

and while harder grips do not break down like soft grips, they do get slick before they break down, so everyone ends ups playing with a less than optimal grip for way too long before they break down and have it replaced.

the softer Winn grips don't last as long, but they feel and play way better than anything else, don't tear up your hands at all even if you haven't played in months, and i absolutely never could stand playing with a glove.

the driver may only last a season, might go through 2 if i played more, but you use your driver more than anything else but the putter, so it's the one you'll replace the most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT