ADVERTISEMENT

About time

DANC

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Just some guy?
"Our gameday experience isn't great." "You should get Levy! He posts a lot on those message board things."

That sounds good.
I thought people complain about Pacer games food and drink though? Maybe I have it confused with some other team.

That - times infinity.
As far as I can remember, IU has always ranked nationally in music. Masters appears to be top 25 currently.
Band members can be IU scholarship students too just like athletes.
They need a stage to excel and grow also.
I recognize the student experience is taking a back seat to revenue these days. (Confident we can all see if we look hard enough.)
I hope we maintain opportunities at IU for students from all disciplines.
Kind of struck a chord this morning. Sorry for the mini rant.
Full disclosure, my dad (RIP) graduated with Master from IU Music and was Music Prof at UE for a minute.
Go Hoosiers!

That - times infinity.
As far as I can remember, IU has always ranked nationally in music. Masters appears to be top 25 currently.
I recognize the student experience is taking a back seat to revenue these days. (Confident we can all see if we look hard enough.)
Full disclosure, my dad (RIP) graduated with Master from IU Music and was Music Prof at UE for a minute.
Go Hoosiers!
Don't get rid of the band but bring in a band director like one of the ones in the bands that are very entertaining.

That - times infinity.
Go Hoosiers!
Very few of the Hundred are school of music majors. Marching band is ‘beneath’ most of the music students. Or their discipline doesn’t translate to marching band. Or both.

That - times infinity.
Go Hoosiers!
When you fill the stadium consistently around 40-50%; it's hard to get excited about the halftime show. So, the original comments could be coming from someone who has never been in a full stadium & watched a halftime show before. You going to tell the Notre Dame's, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.. Your bands are dated & unentertaining??

Reactions: vesuvius13
You going to tell the Notre Dame's, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.. Your bands are dated & unentertaining??
I've never seen Notre Dame's band, but I've seen a ton of Michigan's and Ohio State's. Let me be crystal clear that there is no comparison between those two and the Marching Hundred. The difference at halftime mirrors (or is possibly even more lopsided) than what actually occurs on the playing field.

The creativity and resources dedicated to our band, when compared to schools that care, is embarrassing.

When you fill the stadium consistently around 40-50%; it's hard to get excited about the halftime show. So, the original comments could be coming from someone who has never been in a full stadium & watched a halftime show before. You going to tell the Notre Dame's, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.. Your bands are dated & unentertaining??
Michigan’s band does zero for me.

Ohio State
Wisconsin
Texas A&M

That’s the list (for me).

Stop with the "40-50%' bullshit and actually go to a game.

You might be surprised that your attendance perception is nowhere close to reality.

Our Michigan Tech hockey pep band is more exciting than the Hundred. At least our tiny band has a role pumping up the crowd and making games even more fun.

I never understood the hundred not being one of the very best, with IU being a music school. But somebody above is right, the music majors aren't the ones that make a marching band great. Totally different.
I'm not saying the marching hundred sucks, they don't, they are decent. Just always expected more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT