ADVERTISEMENT

A number of reports say Glass did not want to "devalue" Assembly Hall

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
To say or even imply that the NIT would devalue Assembly Hall is absurd. Glass should go into every bar and restaurant and personally apologize for not hosting the Georgia Tech game. He should issue a letter of apology to every season ticket holder and stand outside AH next season like a greeter - except he should be apologizing to everyone who walks into AH. He should apologize for the fact that they are paying good money to watch the Hoosiers play schools like Houston Baptist. Not a shot in particular against Houston Baptist. I just can't remember the names of a lot of the schools that IU now plays on a regular basis. Now that devalues the program.

So playing horrible competition with RPI ratings in the 300s that match Crean's Turnover percentage ranking nationally is not devaluing Assembly Hall but playing a postseason opponent from the ACC would? I think Glass is,not telling us the real reason did not want to host an IU NIT Tournament game at AH.

So playing horrible competition with RPI ratings in the 300s that match Crean's Turnover percentage ranking nationally is not devaluing Assembly Hall but playing a postseason opponent from the ACC would? I think Glass is,not telling us the real reason did not want to host an IU NIT Tournament game at AH.
Apparently the decision was made a couple weeks ago before the field was set.

To say or even imply that the NIT would devalue Assembly Hall is absurd. Glass should go into every bar and restaurant and personally apologize for not hosting the Georgia Tech game. He should issue a letter of apology to every season ticket holder and stand outside AH next season like a greeter - except he should be apologizing to everyone who walks into AH. He should apologize for the fact that they are paying good money to watch the Hoosiers play schools like Houston Baptist. Not a shot in particular against Houston Baptist. I just can't remember the names of a lot of the schools that IU now plays on a regular basis. Now that devalues the program.
Where is this coming from?
Devalue?
Yet you play in it anyway?
L 0 L Z
Am I understanding what your claiming Fred's stating correctly???
Thats like saying youre not good enough to be invited over to my house for dinner...but ill come too yours.
If that sounds about right id never ever invite Indiana University to another nit again. And that's saying something considering we (Indiana university) would be getting turned down by a consolation tournament . Pretty pathetic
Dude needs to go asap

Devalue?
L 0 L Z
Thats like saying youre not good enough to be invited over to my house for dinner...but ill come too yours.
If that sounds about right id never ever invite Indiana University to another nit again. And that's saying something considering we (Indiana university) would be getting turned down by a consolation tournament . Pretty pathetic
Dude needs to go asap

Google "Glass devalues NIT". Washingtonpost.com is one of the sources

Apparently the decision was made a couple weeks ago before the field was set.

This is either:
1)Bullsh!t from the Ath. Dept.
OR
2)Glass realized weeks ago that TC is inept, should be fired, but knew he couldn't/wouldn't pull the trigger.

This is either:
1)Bullsh!t from the Ath. Dept.
OR
2)Glass realized weeks ago that TC is inept, should be fired, but knew he couldn't/wouldn't pull the trigger.

If the decision was made "weeks ago", that just means Glass knew Tommy Boy was going to get booed no matter who we played and didn't want that on TV.

If the decision was made "weeks ago", that just means Glass knew Tommy Boy was going to get booed no matter who we played and didn't want that on TV.
Yep. That and the optics. I don't think he thought IU would draw an ACC opponent.

Last edited:
Goes to show you what he thinks of the IU fans...They should fire him and Crean.....Crean didn't have those guys even close to being prepared to play last nite....

Devalue?
L 0 L Z
Dude needs to go asap
I'm still waiting to find out what the real was for firing Wilson...

The players would not be booed. IMO If Surfboard did not want CtheC booed, why not just not intoduce him with the lineup. It worked for Mike Davis.

Giving up home court advantage is beyond stupid. Fred had to know that IU is 4-11 on the road, and GTU was 1-8 in road games. GTU was 7-2 in ACC home games. wtf

The players would not be booed. IMO If Surfboard did not want CtheC booed, why not just not intoduce him with the lineup. It worked for Mike Davis.

Giving up home court advantage is beyond stupid. Fred had to know that IU is 4-11 on the road, and GTU was 1-8 in road games. GTU was 7-2 in ACC home games. wtf
I would have booed when the upperclassmen did not hustle on defense

I have to believe that Glass would have consulted with CTC and gotten his consent before making the decision not to devalue Assembly Hall.

Did Crean ever force any injured players to play hurt? $3 mil might go to $1 mil very quickly.

There are two names that "devalue" the program: Crean and Glass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT