ADVERTISEMENT

A hope of mine regarding Coach Nick Sheridan

Tokyo Steve

Junior
Sep 5, 2001
So, this evening I'm watching a replay of IU-MSU and the camera pans to show Debord and Sheridan in the booth together. My first thought is, "those two must be so comfortable working together and I really like that." But that thought was followed immediately by, "although I can certainly see why they were sitting side by side this past year, I sure do hope Sheridan moves from the booth to the sideline this coming year." Since CTA is for all intents and purposes still the DC, I think either Debord or Sheridan should be on the sideline, and I'd prefer it be Sheridan.

Oh, and by the way, speaking of Sheridan, think about how impressive his young career has been so far. He's got to be pretty pleased. I mean, as a grad assistant he was coaching Dobbs at Tenn. Then this past year he gets his first season as a QB coach under his belt, gaining game-time experience with Debord in the booth. And he immediately follows up that first season by signing as his first ever recruit . . . Michael Penix. And now he's convinced Dawkins to come for a grad year. Sheridan's going to be presiding over strong competition between Dawkins, Ramsey and Penix, which will at the same time enable him to bring along Penix at an optimum pace. It seems he's still young enough to be able to bond very well with young QBs, and I'm confident that those recruiting/bonding chops are strongly complemented by his coaching ability.

I foresee nothing but good things from Coach Sheridan for as long as we can hold on to him. But I hope he's down on the sideline this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News