ADVERTISEMENT

A boycott that could work

BradStevens

All-Big Ten
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2023
Typically, these political boycotts seem to be ineffective.

Forget about whether you think the reasons for a boycott here have merit or not. If this were to happen, it would really shake people who follow sports:

Forget about whether you think the reasons for a boycott here have merit or not. If this were to happen, it would really shake people who follow sports:

NAACP is going after the wrong black demo. Rashawn Jones, DB from from Belle Glade, Florida cares about getting this NIL bag and getting to the league. He probably doesn't know what the NAACP is. If the U, or Florida or FSU can help him do that, that's where he'll go.

Try having the humanities majors boycott.

Yes, I would boycott.

• Haha
Reactions: NewGuyToTheBoard
NAACP is going after the wrong black demo. Rashawn Jones, DB from from Belle Glade, Florida cares about getting this NIL bag and getting to the league. He probably doesn't know what the NAACP is. If the U, or Florida or FSU can help him do that, that's where he'll go.

Try having the humanities majors boycott.
Try going to school outside of Florida. He can still get his NIL money.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

If the NAACP hitches its brand to DEI, it will lose. We've reached peak DEI and now, thankfully, we are on the way back to sanity.

I don't think it will work on athletes unless some really big names,think Lebron, encourage it heavily. Maybe they could create an NIL fund for 4 and 5 stars who don't go to Florida schools and we're actively recruited. Maybe that would get momentum. Otherwise self-interest will outweigh group interest. NIL and PT opportunities will more than offset loyalty to the group.

I don't know about at the general population level. In state tuition probably matters more to kids in Florida. For kids outside of Florida, maybe some will.

I hope it happens. Let's see who suffers more.

Reactions: Willdog7

Florida, Florida State, Miami.....NIL football money flowing to athletes and their families $35 million annually just from these programs..

But let's boycott!

Brilliant !

Yes, I would boycott.
giphy.gif

If the NAACP hitches its brand to DEI, it will lose. We've reached peak DEI and now, thankfully, we are on the way back to sanity.
That's. because you have privilege, you do not have to fight for equality. You are trying to take away our rights with your Maga policies.

Of course, but you think vanilla ice cream keeps you from having a job.
your books are not banned, your history is not being wiped out from all the shit you have done, or parents need a permission slip to hear a black speaker. What next students have to get permission to sit next to a black person. This is the whitebread world the gop wants. PS I like vanilla icecream...lol

your books are not banned, your history is not being wiped out from all the shit you have done, or parents need a permission slip to hear a black speaker. What next students have to get permission to sit next to a black person. This is the whitebread world the gop wants. PS I like vanilla icecream...lol
Fractured Fairy Tales.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT