ADVERTISEMENT

80 Possessions

A far cry from Wilson’s first year in ‘11 of EWB and Dusty Kiel 1 minute 3 and outs!!

Trey Roberson was a great upgrade, even as a true frosh, the 2nd half of that season.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I don't know if this can be found easily, but I would be interested to know how many times We have picked up more than 4 yards on first down leaving Us with 2nd and 6 or less. To Me, this is a big change from the previous several years where We were so often behind the chains or at worse than 2nd and 6.

I don't know if this can be found easily, but I would be interested to know how many times We have picked up more than 4 yards on first down leaving Us with 2nd and 6 or less. To Me, this is a big change from the previous several years where We were so often behind the chains or at worse than 2nd and 6.
No doubt. Walt Bell's strategy seemed to be to try to set up 2nd and 8 . It's a great down and distance.

I also don't know where to see the stat, but we have been great at solid gains on first down. So many big moments too, I'm all keyed up over whether we can keep an important drive going, and then we gain 5 yards on the first down play and I start to relax a little.

No doubt. Walt Bell's strategy seemed to be to try to set up 2nd and 8 . It's a great down and distance.

I also don't know where to see the stat, but we have been great at solid gains on first down. So many big moments too, I'm all keyed up over whether we can keep an important drive going, and then we gain 5 yards on the first down play and I start to relax a little.
The NCAA website is chock full of all kinds of efficiency stats for various scenarios.

IU is 2nd in the nation in 1st down efficiency behind only Miami U.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/693

Reactions: OpenWheels
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT