ADVERTISEMENT

6 worst minutes of the season

Turnovers, missed shots and not guarding the three. From up 9 to down 6 at the half. Team just fell apart.
Yeah, it was really bad. And just missed so many opportunities that I knew would bite us in the ass. And it sure did. Could have gained huge momentum and kept blowing it over and over and over.

Roster needs guards badly. We have one and that’s it. Next years roster will be interesting if JHS goes pro

He knew it too. Walked straight to the bench when the whistle blew.
and it was a ticky tack foul on ball 30 ft from the basket. It's a tough deal for a frosh to think about in game, but he needs to understand, without X in the lineup, he's got to avoid fouls like that, at a time like that. The game completely unraveled the moment his ass hit the bench. With Tamar struggling badly, and X still in street clothes, when JHS gets into first half foul trouble it's Trey vs the world in the backcourt. And that's not Trey's strength at all.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Roster needs guards badly. We have one and that’s it. Next years roster will be interesting if JHS goes pro
we just need to accept that he's likely gone. Showing up in most all top 20 mock draft boards. Came from the academy where they breed/train future NBA players. Big show was always the goal. Maybe I'm reading too much into TJD's announcement after the ILL game but I think it hints to the idea that he (TJD) knows JHS isn't coming back either.

Reactions: Crayfish57
we just need to accept that he's likely gone. Showing up in most all top 20 mock draft boards. Came from the academy where they breed/train future NBA players. Big show was always the goal. Maybe I'm reading too much into TJD's announcement after the ILL game but I think it hints to the idea that he (TJD) knows JHS isn't coming back either.
I doubt there much chance he was returning when the season started. I do hate all these in season mock drafts as it likely has an effect on how some players play and now NCAA coming out with their early top 4 seeds in each region while season is still going on isn't good either.

Woodson can’t bench his star players when they get in foul trouble. They need to learn to avoid fouling. This team isn’t deep.

Need portals in we only have two recruits coming in

BitesizedDearestLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

I think the first 6 minutes of the Kansas game were probably the worst.

Playing aggressive defense works well when you’re supposed to have “two of everything”, but as we know the bench is not great.

Trayce is doing a great job of not fouling. Shifino and Galloway have to follow suit.
Interesting. Coming into this season it seemed our biggest concern was too much depth, and how to get minutes to keep so many good players happy. I understand the injuries, but based off of last year, I am somewhat surprised that the rotation is as tight as it is.

I posted before the season consistently that I thought Kopp would continue to get his minutes (and start), and that It would be really tough to keep a healthy Trey on the bench. (Obviously Trey has been starting, but had we remained healthy it’s reasonable to think he’s first off the bench).

I never was sold on the jump for Bates. He shot, what 28% ? On threes last year and averaged less than 4 ppg.

Seemed like everyone was pushing for Bates and JG to get more time/start. I thought it would be a good thing if they weren’t as I was not convinced that they could be better basketball players than say Miller or Trey. There is more to being a good player than making a few highlight reels.

Either way, it’s interesting to contrast people’s thoughts on our bench. It was only a couple of months ago that people were saying this was the deepest, most talented, most experienced team in IU history. Now we have no bench.

What is more bipolar?

The Jekyll and Hyde personality of the team, or the highs and lows of people posting here? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT