ADVERTISEMENT

#5 Seed Soccer hosts UCSB (on BTN)

snowling

Hall of Famer
IU will host UCSB on Sunday at noon. GBR! If IU wins they play the winner of Michigan/WF. IU would host Michigan, but travel to WF for that matchup if Wake wins. Go B10! Last match with UCSB was a very physical match and saw IU winning.

Bracket should update as games are played:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/soccer-men/d1/2019

Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
Going to be an interesting match tomorrow. The forecast is 40 degrees and rain. Looking at SBs schedule, they haven’t had a cold weather game all year and haven’t even been outside California since October. Think that would favor IU, but the old adage is bad weather often helps the underdog in soccer because it slows down the favorite and equalizes things. We shall find out soon.

Reactions: snowling
So confused about viewing this game. My BTN (direct) shows a a blank (tbd and a $). Anyone know how to watch this?

So confused about viewing this game. My BTN (direct) shows a a blank (tbd and a $). Anyone know how to watch this?

Its because it was announced so late the guide isn't showing it. It will be on BTN on TV just like any other game at noon. If online sign in with your cable provider. It will be no different then any other game BTN ever shows in any sport.

Yup. UCSB with strike after an IU turnover deep in its own end . . . in the 2nd OT. IU stays home.

A great season considering how much talent was lost from the '17-'18 College Cup teams. Next year should be better-even if some of the freshman go pro. IU won't have to replace 10 starters probably ever again.

I found it!
UCSB is a dirty team . . . IMO, of course.

Couldn't agree with Sope Creek more. I was less than impressed with the UCSB style of play, lots of whining, flopping and pushing. In my vocabulary, dirty. Great season, young hoosiers! Tough loss for you and a hard way to end season. Big home win streak restarts with next game!

I've read all the post game links now. Thanks, Snowling! I just want to say that the post game response of our coach and players makes me proud to be a Hoosier. Well done!

I've read all the post game links now. Thanks, Snowling! I just want to say that the post game response of our coach and players makes me proud to be a Hoosier. Well done!
Couldn't agree more. Todd is a classy guy-I wonder who taught him that :)
The future of IU soccer is always bright. The new facility opens next year and plenty of talent returns. I'd say they are a top 10 team even if all 3 freshman go pro (Morris, Penn, Victor). If any 1 of them returns, College Cup potential.

Couldn't agree more. Todd is a classy guy-I wonder who taught him that :)
The future of IU soccer is always bright. The new facility opens next year and plenty of talent returns. I'd say they are a top 10 team even if all 3 freshman go pro (Morris, Penn, Victor). If any 1 of them returns, College Cup potential.
New facility? I hadn't heard

New facility? I hadn't heard
Same stadium and field, but a new building with nicer locker rooms/coaches offices/training room, etc... It is similar to Cook Hall and will be where the current bleachers are on north side of stadium. Construction began just in the last few weeks.

Same stadium and field, but a new building with nicer locker rooms/coaches offices/training room, etc... It is similar to Cook Hall and will be where the current bleachers are on north side of stadium. Construction began just in the last few weeks.
Gotcha. That will only help recruiting, obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT