ADVERTISEMENT

5-0

Purdue has a much better program at this point. IU has been drowning in mediocrity for the last 25 years or so.

Hopefully Woodson can outbid the competition to buy a decent team next year. This last season was brutal, but that has become the norm.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Yes i am glad purdue lost but this does not honestly mean much anymore. I was 10 when we won in 1987 and i was not alive to see any others.
Of course it does. Just because you were born a little later than many of us doesn’t diminish the ones we saw that you weren’t around for. I was a senior in HS for #3. Probably should have been #4 if not for that school that lost tonight.

Reactions: Shuski
Of course it does. Just because you were born a little later than many of us doesn’t diminish the ones we saw that you weren’t around for. I was a senior in HS for #3. Probably should have been #4 if not for that school that lost tonight.

i get it i am just saying it has been a long time my dad graduated iu in 1972. He saw the 1976 team play alot though. He had tickets.

Student 1976=1980 so enjoyed all of Knight's championship and NIT championship over PU in 1979. We had a pretty big party for that as that tournament was still pretty big back then. Fewer teams in the NCAA at that time.

Yes, and even as bad as we have been we have as many national championship games as PU in the 2000's. Things run in cycles in these matchups. Men in a bad cycle way too long and the women now dominate PU who used to dominate IU.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Student 1976=1980 so enjoyed all of Knight's championship and NIT championship over PU in 1979. We had a pretty big party for that as that tournament was still pretty big back then. Fewer teams in the NCAA at that time.

Yes, and even as bad as we have been we have as many national championship games as PU in the 2000's. Things run in cycles in these matchups. Men in a bad cycle way too long and the women now dominate PU who used to dominate IU.
Same. Hope we get back before our generation is no longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT