ADVERTISEMENT

3 sweet 16's for Crean at IU...

I think we should extend crean. Don't forget he just won the big ten and is one of the best up and coming coaches in the game. If we were to fire him it would be a huge mistake. Programs all over the country are salivating at the idea of crean roaming their sidelines.

Reactions: chas1116
Play this game 10 times and I'm not sure we win one of them. Felt the same way after the S16 loss to Syracuse.

I'd say we win 3 or 4 of them. UNC shot out of their mind. Some nights we do that. This just wasn't one of them.

Against Syracuse, I'd agree. We had no idea how to handle their D.

Reactions: schmib
No doubt. But at the end of the day, you're judged by results. 3 opportunities and not a single competitive game. Put that together with 0 tournament wins in the other 5 seasons....

Shut up. Just Shut your stupid mouth.

Now is not the time for this crap. You're just mouthing what you think others will post so you can fill your pathetic need for attention. "Oh, I'm first, I'm first"

Reactions: IU Hardcore
This isn't Purdue.

If we did can Crean now, we'd never have a prayer of hiring a decent coach as long as whatever moron made that call was still here. What coach would ever take a job where you get fired after doing one of the best 4 or 5 coaching jobs in the land.

Just silly.

No extension, but I think we need to see who stays and judge him by next years performance. Solid core coming back we should be final four without a doubt. If we crash and burn, get rid of him and go all out for a top coach. Many of you stated that he started to make some changes in the way he coached, and saw improvement. See if that continues next year. Glass needs to make it clear to him this off season.
Remember we were pretty banged up with many players tonight. I'm sure that limited what he could do.

If we did can Crean now, we'd never have a prayer of hiring a decent coach as long as whatever moron made that call was still here. What coach would ever take a job where you get fired after doing one of the best 4 or 5 coaching jobs in the land.

Just silly.
4 or 5 best coaching jobs??? WHAT??? this team was ranked 12th preseason.

crean_dynasty_zpskkokrhwr.jpeg

I believe he has peaked don't get me wrong not asking for him to be fired but I just don't think he will ever beat great coaches when we get down to a sweet sixteen. Nice man just and average coach.

If he can get and keep elite talent on campus, he'll get past the sweet sixteen. We were beat tonight by a better, more talented team...not much a coach can do when the other team is on fie.

I thought IU was BETTER than sweet 16's. I guess you aren't a blue blood school. They make final fours about every 3 years. Not every 20. Good job.

Reactions: Grotto_22
You can have all the talent you want but if you don't play defense your done.

There's no doubt that early in the season, the effort and execution on the defensive end wasn't there, but it got much, much better throughout the year. But we're still undersized in the front court and that caught up to us tonight.

Reactions: bsmitty08
I think we should extend crean. Don't forget he just won the big ten and is one of the best up and coming coaches in the game. If we were to fire him it would be a huge mistake. Programs all over the country are salivating at the idea of crean roaming their sidelines.

HAHAHAHAHA extend crean. That's funny. I needed to laugh after tonight thanks. He shouldn't get fired but he shouldn't be extended either.

Virginia is top 10 every year with half the talent.

Half the talent? They play with only 2.5 guys on the court? Only 6 scholarship players? You might want to look at the recruiting rankings again, your statement is wrong.

Furthermore, you bring up Virginia, let's look at their last 7 years of NCAA tournaments (since Bennett has been there)

No NCAA
No NCAA
Lost in first NCAA game by 26
No NCAA
Sweet 16
Lost in second game to a 7 seed (UVA was a 2 seed)
This year Elite 8 (maybe more)

It always amazes me when our fans crap on our team, but at the same time use an alternative example that is no better or actually worse

If Crean can build off this season and make a run next year then u could get on board. Sweet 16 just can't be our high point and then go down to no NCAA like last time we went. Which shouldn't happen next year unless we have a lot of departures

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT