ADVERTISEMENT

2024 MLB Draft - July 14-16...

Reposted by twitter.com/iubase17, Foley has signed with the D-backs and Mitchell has signed with the Blue Jays. Foley signed for $1 million with his slot value at $392,300. Mitchell signed for slightly less than his slot value of $515,100.

FikM2Hlu_mini.jpg

Jim Callis

@jimcallisMLB
·
6h
Supplemental 4th-rder Nick Mitchell signs w/@BlueJays for $467,500 (slot 136 = $515,100). @IndianaBase OF, flashes plus-plus speed, performed well w/wood bats in summer ball. @MLBDraft

Reposted by twitter.com/iubase17, Foley has signed with the D-backs and Mitchell has signed with the Blue Jays. Foley signed for $1 million with his slot value at $392,300. Mitchell signed for slightly less than his slot value of $515,100.

FikM2Hlu_mini.jpg

Jim Callis

@jimcallisMLB
·
6h
Supplemental 4th-rder Nick Mitchell signs w/@BlueJays for $467,500 (slot 136 = $515,100). @IndianaBase OF, flashes plus-plus speed, performed well w/wood bats in summer ball. @MLBDraft

Foley got upside money. He has work to do and time to get it done. I think he and Sinnard can make the show as high end relievers if they do the work. Mitchell is a very good hitter, and athletic enough to make a solid leadoff man outfielder with some time and I respect his grit to get it done.

Not related but Tibbitts is in a tough spot. He is a better prospect than where he was drafted but if he returns, and selfishly I would love that, can he move up enough to offset the senior disadvantage in contract negotiation?

Reactions: 82IU and ptrich
Foley got upside money. He has work to do and time to get it done. I think he and Sinnard can make the show as high end relievers if they do the work. Mitchell is a very good hitter, and athletic enough to make a solid leadoff man outfielder with some time and I respect his grit to get it done.

Not related but Tibbitts is in a tough spot. He is a better prospect than where he was drafted but if he returns, and selfishly I would love that, can he move up enough to offset the senior disadvantage in contract negotiation?
Brock Tibbitts, a 13th round pick by the Blue Jays, has signed for $150,000.

In a release by the B1G which was also posted at iubase.com, here is the complete list of players drafted out of the conference. They included the in-coming recruits, and IU had three of the four incoming recruits that were drafted. IU also had 9 of the 27 players or one-third of the players drafted out of the conference.

2024 MLB DRAFT
NAMESCHOOLROUNDPICKMLB TEAM
Brody Brecht, RHPIowaCB-A38Colorado Rockies
Joshua Kuroda-Grauer, SSRutgers375Oakland Athletics
Joey Oakie, RHP +Iowa384Cleveland Guardians
Luke Sinnard, RHPIndiana399Atlanta Braves
Josh Caron, CNebraska4121Seattle Mariners
Nick Mitchell, OFIndiana4C136Toronto Blue Jays
Carter Mathison, OFIndiana5162Philadelphia Phillies
Connor Foley, RHPIndiana5164Arizona Diamondbacks
Connor Wietgrefe, LHPMinnesota7204Pittsburgh Pirates
Brett Sears, RHPNebraska7221Atlanta Braves
Sam Petersen, OFIowa8230Washington Nationals
Donovan Zsak, LHPRutgers8235Cleveland Guardians
Jack Young, RHPIowa9259Chicago White Sox
Griffin Tobias, RHP +Indiana9275Milwaukee Brewers
Jack Crowder, RHPIllinois9279Baltimore Orioles
Marcus Morgan, RHPIowa9282Philadelphia Phillies
Camden Janik, CIllinois12354Pittsburgh Pirates
Connor Caskenette, CPurdue12364Miami Marlins
Brock Tibbitts, CIndiana13397Toronto Blue Jays
Justin Sinibaldi, LHPRutgers14409Chicago White Sox
Gavin Bruni, LHPOhio State17500Washington Nationals
Cooper Malamazian, SS +Indiana17515Milwaukee Brewers
Tucker Novotny, LHPMinnesota18526Oakland Athletics
Tony Santa Maria, 3BRutgers19576Tampa Bay Rays
Cade Obermueller, LHPIowa19585Texas Rangers
Brayden Risedorph, RHPIndiana20602Chicago Cubs
Henry Brummel, RHP +Indiana20605Milwaukee Brewers

+ school signee
CB-A = Competitive Balance-A Round
4C = Fourth Round Compensation

Strikes me as the right kind of problem to have … better than … say 2 drafted

Reactions: 82IU
Just saw Carl James is reporting that neither Cooper M nor Henry B signed with Brewers so listing them as coming to campus in Fall
Appreciate the update from Carl. Of the players entering the portal, only Ryan Rushing decided to return which helps solidify the pitching staff's lefty numbers.

I've been keeping an eye on the portal as to where players that have entered portal are going to transfer to. There are still several that haven't indicated a destination so far (eight by my count), but I haven't followed their social accounts.

We are entering a pretty dead period with not much news on the program. The release of the fall schedule and the release of the schedule for the upcoming season are pretty much it from between now and the new season.

Here's the link to Carl's roster list as of right now.

Appreciate the update from Carl. Of the players entering the portal, only Ryan Rushing decided to return which helps solidify the pitching staff's lefty numbers.

I've been keeping an eye on the portal as to where players that have entered portal are going to transfer to. There are still several that haven't indicated a destination so far (eight by my count), but I haven't followed their social accounts.

We are entering a pretty dead period with not much news on the program. The release of the fall schedule and the release of the schedule for the upcoming season are pretty much it from between now and the new season.

Here's the link to Carl's roster list as of right now.

I'm sure there are some pitchers in there that I just don't recognize them or whatever, but I'd feel better if we had some experienced arms on that list.

Curious with 52 listed and only 35 available some serious competition going to be had and I can only imagine some disappointment as well. Tough being an incoming freshman these days in college baseball.

Curious with 52 listed and only 35 available some serious competition going to be had and I can only imagine some disappointment as well. Tough being an incoming freshman these days in college baseball.
The listing is a rough guess and has quite a few (>the 5 class of 26 entries recently added). The roster limit remains at the post covid 40 for ‘25. But the will be serious pitching competition at a minimum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT