ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Draft

There are two Hoosiers shown on this mock 2024 draft boar: Mgbako at 13 and Ware at No. 24.

I would think if that ends up being true, it would likely mean we had a pretty good season.

Those 2 guys being that good would answer some significant question marks heading in to the season. The only thing I could see derailing a successful season, at that point, would be injuries to key players.

Outside that... we'd know X was going to be a very good PG...Trey is a good/solid 2G...Malik is a good big...and then we'd have solid post depth with Payton and Anthony. And Mack and Kelel being 1st rounders means less need for guys like Gunn, Banks, Newton, etc... to make big leaps.

Now...how you define "successful" and "pretty good" season...obviously up for debate. After losing as much as we did, I'd say anything similar to what we did this past year, would overall be a successful season.

Reactions: Sope Creek
We got two Ifs in my mind that make us a final four contender.

1.) If Mack and Ware live up to the billing and are first round picks (if they are both lottery picks we probably would have been one of the favorites to win it all, or made a run in the tourney where they caught fire. Good with either scenario!)

2.) If X, Ware, Mack, Malik stay healthy.

Reactions: IUNorth
We got two Ifs in my mind that make us a final four contender.

1.) If Mack and Ware live up to the billing and are first round picks (if they are both lottery picks we probably would have been one of the favorites to win it all, or made a run in the tourney where they caught fire. Good with either scenario!)

2.) If X, Ware, Mack, Malik stay healthy.
If the fellas buy in to the defensive end of the floor, I'll agree with you. They could really be nasty if they adopt that mentality. I wish they had last year, consistently. Losing X hurt that, but even with him, we were pretty inconsistent effort and defensive focus wise. To me, its not a mentality if you only do it occasionally. The team that played North Carolina could have won the B10, and competed for a Final Four, without X...in my opinion.

If the fellas buy in to the defensive end of the floor, I'll agree with you. They could really be nasty if they adopt that mentality. I wish they had last year, consistently. Losing X hurt that, but even with him, we were pretty inconsistent effort and defensive focus wise. To me, its not a mentality if you only do it occasionally. The team that played North Carolina could have won the B10, and competed for a Final Four, without X...in my opinion.
Defense at the guard/wing spots is the key. If MM can guard the 2/3 spot on switches. I think he will most certainly have to play on the wing this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT