ADVERTISEMENT

2024 5 star Tucker visiting Indiana

To be fair, they were not memorable players.
giphy.gif

How about we try to recruit some solid 3 and 4 stars who can shoot and be a part of a team that actually develops some chemistry; you know a real program that might have some consistency?
Do not come on here with all that crazy talk about developing team chemistry! Woodson is the six million dollar man he buys players kind of like NBA free agency!!

Now I dont know if Dusty May will succeed but he will certainly do what you are asking for. He will build a team with 3 and 4 star players who will stay in the program. My guess is he gets alot of Indiana kids also.

Reactions: birdforbogey
That’s exactly what this is and I’m sure we have the most money. So we are gonna get kids that want a lot of money and want to get to the nba. Prob won’t make the tourney tho.

He was going to join the G League Ignite team before it got shut down.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I hope it works out. Just once again proving any coach at IU can get 5 star players. Davis, Sampson, Crean, Miller and now Woodson. I know we haven’t actually landed him yet but Woodson already got one in MM unless you want to count Ware with him being a transfer
I'd give Woody pretty high marks in recruiting "talent": Bates, JHS, Reanu, MM and KW all were 5* or close to it, and then you add in convincing TJD and Race to return. I think he relates well to players and I think Fland liked him for that reason too (just my best guess). But, constructing rosters and filling voids... there I'd give him less high marks.

Reactions: asindc
So....we will build a roster of 1 year NBA wannabes and expect them to be team players instead of using IU as an audition stage? Well, alrighty then.
I think that would be like another school not too far away. But Calipari hasn’t figured it out either.

I think that would be like another school not too far away. But Calipari hasn’t figured it out either.
Agree.

Kentucky is struggling with the Kentucky model, and IU is trying the Kentucky model, but IU is doing it with one third or half the talent (UK has top ranked classes every year). Not a good strategy…

If this kid comes here he may be fine, but he decided college wasn’t for him, and now he is forced to go — not the best rationale to go to IU. But maybe if he comes here he will embrace it, who knows.

I don’t think Cubes gives much to NIL, unless something has changed.

I am hoping with his sale of the Mavs he may be able increase his donations. NBA owners couldn’t do much NIL due to all the conflicts. But as of now I haven’t heard of him increasing NIL much.

I am hoping with his sale of the Mavs he may be able increase his donations. NBA owners couldn’t do much NIL due to all the conflicts. But as of now I haven’t heard of him increasing NIL much.
From all the implications and smoke, I believe something has changed, based on what I'm hearing and seeing, and it likely involves Cuban or other well heeled booster(s). But, it appears that somehow they've been convinced to open up their purse strings for the upcoming year at least.

Listened to Assembly Call last night and Jerod said something to the effect that he doesn't believe any program will outspend IU in NIL or have more to spend, etc...

From all the implications and smoke, I believe something has changed, based on what I'm hearing and seeing, and it likely involves Cuban or other well heeled booster(s). But, it appears that somehow they've been convinced to open up their purse strings for the upcoming year at least.

Listened to Assembly Call last night and Jerod said something to the effect that he doesn't believe any program will outspend IU in NIL or have more to spend, etc...
Hopefully if IU can land this Tucker kid, he will wont be Jalen Kendrick 2.0. Landing him would be farther than we got with Kendrick, but games similar.

I know Simon and Cook stepped up, not sure about Cubes. Hopefully!

For sure changed, he came to the NIL banquet and spoke with all the big wig donors.

He has good sources. Like me :)

For sure changed, he came to the NIL banquet and spoke with all the big wig donors.
I saw that. Hope it means more than the $50-100K to attend that event.

Maybe Mark also has some advice on how to run a basketball organization.

Thanks.

Last edited:
he doesn't believe any program will outspend IU in NIL or have more to spend, etc...
which wouldn’t be a change. Spending hasn’t been a problem. Having a program that embraces NIL, is “ahead of the curve” in promoting NIL and pushing the envelope has been our philosophy.

Anyone else bored with IU basketball yet?

I figured with all that booster involvement, it would be pretty much impossible to be sitting home this time of the year. Shouldn’t it be easy? Top 5 spend (should?) = Top 5 team, right?

Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
which wouldn’t be a change. Spending hasn’t been a problem. Having a program that embraces NIL, is “ahead of the curve” in promoting NIL and pushing the envelope has been our philosophy.

I figured with all that booster involvement, it would be pretty much impossible to be sitting home this time of the year. Shouldn’t it be easy? Top 5 spend (should?) = Top 5 team, right?
Doesn't seem that hard does it!

I figured with all that booster involvement, it would be pretty much impossible to be sitting home this time of the year. Shouldn’t it be easy? Top 5 spend (should?) = Top 5 team, right.
Yea. Our NIL increased recently, but it was still pretty good before, and we have not been able to take advantage of it yet.

It’s the whole program building and roster construction issue that has been discussed a lot. You need a mix of four year players and 1-2 year stars that fit together. We’ll see if there are any signs of that with this spring portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT