ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Schedule

snowling

Hall of Famer
Reactions: RBB89
Reactions: snowling

FWIW = not much.

I think schedule together with weather will be extra important factors this year. Based on that assumption I think Minnesota opening with 8 games in the dome and finishing with 11 games with Rutgers, Purdue, and Penn State has a great chance to win the conference & get the B1G automatic bid. Hard to get a handle on who are the most likely top conference teams are but Perfect Game did rate IU, Michigan, and OSU in their preseason top 25 and d1baseball had Michigan, IU, OSU, & Maryland in the projected 64 team CWS bracket. I would guess Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, and the Gophers would complete the top tier with a break to the rest. Given the conference only schedule I think 4 teams tops make the show this year.

edit — relatively speaking for clarification

Last edited:
FWIW = not much.

I think schedule together with weather will be extra important factors this year. Based on that assumption I think Minnesota opening with 8 games in the dome and finishing with 11 games with Rutgers, Purdue, and Penn State has a great chance to win the conference & get the B1G automatic bid. Hard to get a handle on who are the most likely top conference teams are but Perfect Game did rate IU, Michigan, and OSU in their preseason top 25 and d1baseball had Michigan, IU, OSU, & Maryland in the projected 64 team CWS bracket. I would guess Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, and the Gophers would complete the top tier with a break to the rest. Given the conference only schedule I think 4 teams tops make the show this year.

edit — relatively speaking for clarification

Gophers off to rough start, Rutgers better than I expected. Unrelated one is always left to wonder what if any injuries are impacting the roster. Would have certainly expected to see Vecrumba.

Reactions: Irregulars
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT