ADVERTISEMENT

134th opening day for the Cincinnati Reds tomm

Explosive for sure. Reds have good pitching, hitting power and running ability. Let’s hope it translates into several winning series.

Like, well, everyone, they strike out too much and their averages makes Bob Uecker cry.

We went to see the Bats in Indy last Saturday. I saw before the game that the DH was batting .216. I told my wife it was crazy to have a DH batting 2nd and hitting 216.

He tore the cover off the ball that game, got called up this week and is hitting incredibly. But he was hitting .216. We made fun of Dave Kingman and he hit north of .216.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Like, well, everyone, they strike out too much and their averages makes Bob Uecker cry.

We went to see the Bats in Indy last Saturday. I saw before the game that the DH was batting .216. I told my wife it was crazy to have a DH batting 2nd and hitting 216.

He tore the cover off the ball that game, got called up this week and is hitting incredibly. But he was hitting .216. We made fun of Dave Kingman and he hit north of .216.
.216 back then is around .185 today. There are currently only 12 players batting over .300. Last season there were only 9 at the end of the season. In 2004 there were 36 at the end of the season.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian

Yes, the low batting averages drive me nuts. The average for the league is right around .250 and there are only 11 players over .300 in the entire league as of today. At least we have a few players who've raised their averages over the league average the last month.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT