ADVERTISEMENT

10th assistant now on campus...

Wonder when they plan to make the official announcements?

Maybe our PR guy is on vacation...

Kane Wommack. No official title as of yet.

Seems like solid candidate to take over at least some of the DC duties from Allen, allowing him to focus on other things. Maybe not full DC, but Assistant/Associate DC. Has been a FCS and Sun Belt DC for the last 4 years running the same defensive scheme as Allen, both of whom learned it from the elder Wommack while at Ole Miss. However, he's young and light on experience, but would be a good situation for Allen to mentor and allow him to better implement the scheme.

This just seems more likely than a more extensive assistant reshuffle if he was just being brought in to be a position coach.

Last edited:
Seems like solid candidate to take over at least some of the DC duties from Allen, allowing him to focus on other things. Maybe not full DC, but Assistant/Associate DC. Has been a FCS and Sun Belt DC for the last 4 years running the same defensive scheme as Allen, both of whom learned it from the elder Wommack while at Ole Miss. However, he's young and light on experience, but would be a good situation for Allen to mentor and allow him to better implement the scheme.

This just seems more likely than a more extensive assistant reshuffle if he was just being brought in to be a position coach.
Kinda shitty not to give those responsibilities to Hagen.

Let's not get mad yet about hypotheticals, but I think Hagen will get it as well once Allen moves to full time HC only. I hope he does that sometime soon as I think he can still be highly involved in the Defense but have a different mindset when thinking about the whole team and evaluating players & staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT