ADVERTISEMENT

Zero commitments on Mar 8!?

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Has this ever happened that we literally don't have a single commitment for next season and it's Mar 8? Hell, has this ever happened for any program? We must be the only team in the country without a single commitment. At least we're unique 😁

Reactions: indy1203
I don’t see why this staff is just to starting doing well recruiting the portal.

Has this ever happened that we literally don't have a single commitment for next season and it's Mar 8? Hell, has this ever happened for any program? We must be the only team in the country without a single commitment. At least we're unique 😁
I don't ever remember it happening. I mean it's like WTF is going on?

Reactions: YOTHN and Indymoon
Biggest recruting budget in the big ten with a team of what we were told are top notch recruiters. Woodson went 0-31 on offers. You have be be really bad at this to go 0-31.

Biggest recruting budget in the big ten with a team of what we were told are top notch recruiters. Woodson went 0-31 on offers. You have be be really bad at this to go 0-31.
Yeah the 0-31 really looks like off the charts bad. That's hard to do!

Seems everyone forgets there is a portal.
problem is a stable program uses the portal to go grab 1-2 missing pieces and hopefully takes the team the next level.

We'll need it to generate an entire recruiting class...of players who may only be here for a year. That is not sustainable.

And we need shooters, and based on our style of play and Woody's inside-out comments, don't bet on good shooters seeing IU as the best place to land. There's a reason Knecht said no and McNeely just backed out.

problem is a stable program uses the portal to go grab 1-2 missing pieces and hopefully takes the team the next level.

We'll need it to generate an entire recruiting class...of players who may only be here for a year. That is not sustainable.

And we need shooters, and based on our style of play and Woody's inside-out comments, don't bet on good shooters seeing IU as the best place to land. There's a reason Knecht said no and McNeely just backed out.
The inside out comments and liam backing out will be used by every coach against woodson when they are recruiting the same guards.

If I was a recruit and read this board, I wouldn't commit either.
Then recruits should not read anyone’s board. For some reason there are a number of us who think IU fans are somehow different than everyone else. News flash, fans of programs who have success in their past are pretty much all the same.

Reactions: IUgradman and YOTHN
Then recruits should not read anyone’s board. For some reason there are a number of us who think IU fans are somehow different than everyone else. News flash, fans of programs who have success in their past are pretty much all the same.
Exactly.

And in our case, we have a huge fanbase that loves ball and we have screwed up for 25 years. Now we have a team ranked #95 that is going to miss the tourney despite having top-10 NIL and resources. What else are IU fans supposed to say besides wtf is going on?

It’s the same with most P5 schools that have had a history of success. Both football and basketball. I used to work with a UCLA alum who was a huge bball fan. He used to tell me how impatient and crazy their fan base was. I’ll bet Cronin is very unpopular right now with some of their core fans despite all of their recent success.

The only thing annoucing woodson is coming back did was scare off his lone recruit. But he will just go throw money at portal players and I am sure they will come in droves. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: GThomas
Difference, they win and make the tournament every season.
That is correct but Woodson is trying to recruit like them and then fans get called toxic when he cannot land even one recruit. Woodson tried to hang with the big boys and got fried with zero backup plan. You not going land three or four five star recruits a year just cause you coached in the nba 15 years ago. You actually have to be able to coach and win.

That is correct but Woodson is trying to recruit like them and then fans get called toxic when he cannot land even one recruit. Woodson tried to hang with the big boys and got fried with zero backup plan. You not going land three or four five star recruits a year just cause you coached in the nba 15 years ago. You actually have to be able to coach and win.
Our program looks pretty toxic and unhealthy. But recruits are focused on online fans?

With the amount of NIL available IU will have plenty of opportunities with the transfer portal.

With the amount of NIL available IU will have plenty of opportunities with the transfer portal.
True, but other programs with MUCH better presents and futures have deep pockets as well. Moreover, negative recruiting against MW and IU is becoming increasingly easy. On that note, don't think for a second that potential recruits aren't seeing stuff on social media. Oh, did I mention Mike is essentially a lame-duck coach unless a miracle occurs?

In short, while the MW era isn't officially over ... it's over.

We will get them in the portal. I don't like it but it has to be done.

If you are in the crowd of we still have hope because of the portal and NIL, then you should put energy and thought into other passions and hobbies. You have failed to grasp the game of basketball, and how building a sustainable programs works. If you are offended, I tried my best to be nice about my sentiments.

If you are in the crowd of we still have hope because of the portal and NIL, then you should put energy and thought into other passions and hobbies. You have failed to grasp the game of basketball, and how building a sustainable programs works. If you are offended, I tried my best to be nice about my sentiments.
Here. Here. —

Yes, the futility has gone on now for decades.
But this current free fall is directly proportional to not only the acceptance but the celebration of NIL and the portal by this program and its fan base.
“Best/Largest” NIL in the league!
Top 5 in the country! Look at us!
We’re coming. We’re buying it back!

Pathetic.

No staff at sectional/regional games.
No interest in foundational relationships with high school coaches and in state families.

Arrogance, pride, greed, wanton lust for success unearned.
Some of you here might recognize such traits from an ominous religious list of sins associated with great peril.

And here we are.

Wins can be bought.
We are seeing a few of those this year and last. May see a few more.

Culture cannot be bought.
Dignity cannot be resurrected with our awesome “wallet.”

What fraud some here are willing to commit simply to purchase relevance. They will be fine with the coming unions too I suppose.

Integrity, honesty, hard work used to equate to sustainability in all things.

I still believe it does.
How about we try that for bit and live with the results?

May not be as instantly gratifying as we all seem to demand but the palatability will be exponentially better.

IU men’s basketball tastes and smells awful currently. And the world IS watching and listening.
That’s nearly all the sensory input any human has.

It’s quite a show and it simply needn’t be.

Here. Here. —

Yes, the futility has gone on now for decades.
But this current free fall is directly proportional to not only the acceptance but the celebration of NIL and the portal by this program and its fan base.
“Best/Largest” NIL in the league!
Top 5 in the country! Look at us!
We’re coming. We’re buying it back!

Pathetic.

No staff at sectional/regional games.
No interest in foundational relationships with high school coaches and in state families.

Arrogance, pride, greed, wanton lust for success unearned.
Some of you here might recognize such traits from an ominous religious list of sins associated with great peril.

And here we are.

Wins can be bought.
We are seeing a few of those this year and last. May see a few more.

Culture cannot be bought.
Dignity cannot be resurrected with our awesome “wallet.”

What fraud some here are willing to commit simply to purchase relevance. They will be fine with the coming unions too I suppose.

Integrity, honesty, hard work used to equate to sustainability in all things.

I still believe it does.
How about we try that for bit and live with the results?

May not be as instantly gratifying as we all seem to demand but the palatability will be exponentially better.

IU men’s basketball tastes and smells awful currently. And the world IS watching and listening.
That’s nearly all the sensory input any human has.

It’s quite a show and it simply needn’t be.

WOW, it is hard for me to believe you took your time to write that hyperbole riddled post.

That is 60 seconds of my life that I can never get back.

Reactions: hickorytree1
WOW, it is hard for me to believe you took your time to write that hyperbole riddled post.

That is 60 seconds of my life that I can never get back.
I apologize.

I thought the hyperbole fit nicely with the current state of affairs.

As well as your precious 60 seconds……?

Hyperbolic us.

XO

I apologize.

I thought the hyperbole fit nicely with the current state of affairs.

As well as your precious 60 seconds……?

Hyperbolic us.

XO

I would say that the state of IU's basketball program is ugly enough, it needs no hyperbole to describe the warts!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT