ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Johnson Injuries

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
It seems like X is so much slower since his injuries. He can’t beat anyone off the dribble or stay in front of anyone on defense. Too bad. Might just be me but he seems a lot slower

It seems like X is so much slower since his injuries. He can’t beat anyone off the dribble or stay in front of anyone on defense. Too bad. Might just be me but he seems a lot slower
There was always a good chance he would never be the same after last years injury. That is why it was so important to have gotten a portal guard last spring. But Woodson decided to roll with what he had. That is all on him.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
There was always a good chance he would never be the same after last years injury. That is why it was so important to have gotten a portal guard last spring. But Woodson decided to roll with what he had. That is all on him.
Yep, roster is 100% coach

Reactions: bailey777
We all collectively hold our breath when he gets the ball at the top of the key. His terrible shooting form makes us crazy, and his decision-making ability somehow leads to ill-advised passes that result in turnovers. He needs to find the bench, and the coach needs to put GC in the game so we can start grooming for next year.

Reactions: go_iu
I have thought so also. He seems to like the weight room. He looks jacked. I thought maybe he focused too much on size and strength while rehabbing. And could be playing heavier than he did during his good run 2 yrs ago. It would be interesting to know his weight now vs 2 yrs ago. Just 5 or 10 lbs can make a difference.

You must have memory issues. He tried to acquire several guards, but none accepted. Yeah, it's on him, but not due to lack of effort or a decision to "roll with what we have".

Reactions: ribbont
Do you think the pgs who didn’t commit to IU might not have bc of XJ? Maybe thought there’d be no PT For them.

I have thought so also. He seems to like the weight room. He looks jacked. I thought maybe he focused too much on size and strength while rehabbing. And could be playing heavier than he did during his good run 2 yrs ago. It would be interesting to know his weight now vs 2 yrs ago. Just 5 or 10 lbs can make a difference.
But not in-between the ears.

Speaks to his work ethic if nothing else. As I see it, better that than losing a lot of strength due to inactivity.

I would suspect that he still feels the injury to some extent. That's going to make him a bit more reluctant to push his quickness or explosiveness to the limit, out of fear of re-injury, which he knows would likely be season and career ending at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT