ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson's Strong Finishes to Recruiting

GoBigRed83

Freshman
Dec 2, 2007
It seems that in the recent past IU has finished strong with its football recruiting grabbing several pretty highly ranked players who had committed to other schools previously.

I like the trend and I hope it continues.

What would you attribute this to?

Lets hope CKW can keep the momentum going and land a few more gems before signing day.

And the fewer we have to play as freshmen,

the stronger the program will be, especially the linemen. Great job this year.

Re: And the fewer we have to play as freshmen,

And when we played freshmen this year, it was typically in a backup/limited role (with the exception of WR and QB). I think that's what allowed guys like Scales and Dutra to shine - they weren't just thrown to the wolves because a lack of other options. And if they did make mistakes, they could be subbed out and get some sideline coaching.

Won't it be nice...

...To finally get to a point where all lineman, OL & DL will be able to red shirt without needing them for depth? Not to say that someone can't come in and contribute based on talent alone, but to the point that we have the luxury of actually preparing kids in the weight room and training tables to be able to compete after a full red shirt year....then actually have competition for spots due to better talent and depth (people and talent wise).

It's getting closer...but not quite there.

If (and it's a big if) IU starts winning games regularly I'll bet our conference rivals will be asking the same thing. And I will love it.

just think if we could have redshirted them, how good they would be that 5th year.

Agreed, and also what Latimer and Coleman could have done their 4th year.

One of the selling points to recruits is that Wilson will play you if you are good enough.

I agree that in almost all situations a 5th year player will be better than the same player in their 4th year but some of the players we have now may have not committed to IU if they did not have a chance to play in their freshman year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT