ADVERTISEMENT

What to make of the Durham filing?

How do you think any of these tweets today have any relation to what Sussmann did or did not say in an earlier meeting? The charge at hand is not whether the DNC was or was not the source of the allegations, as per the last tweet you posted. The charge is that Sussmann lied to Baker when Baker asked him if he was working for a client. And I haven't seen anything yet that conclusively establishes whether Baker even ASKED that question or not. Much less that Baker lied when he may or may not have responded to a question Baker may or may not have asked...

Seems to me, any accounts by FBI agents alleging that they "knew" the DNC was the source, would seemingly make it less likely that Sussmann said something entirely different? And also cast doubt on whether or not the subject even came up, since people who weren't at the meeting are maybe saying they assumed it was the DNC?

It also sounds as if the Bureau dropped the whole matter of Alfa prior to the election, so exactly why is any of this of any consequence that merits prosecuting an obscure lawyer for something he may or may not have said nearly 6 yrs ago? I mean you do realize this is a single count in a single indictment? I don't honestly care if Sussmann gets debarred, but it does appear he's likely getting railroaded...
Are you seriously this ****ing stupid?

The FBI knew about it, yet they participated in the 2 1/2 year investigation of something they knew wasn't true.

You really need to question your talking points more.

The FBI knew about it, yet they participated in the 2 1/2 year investigation of something they knew wasn't true.

I swear this guy cosmos... talk about deranged.

Reactions: DANC

This thread gets avoided like the plague around here. People still think Trump did it after this has all come out in the open. Man thats some powerful influence the msm has...TELL-A-VISION. Like MK ULTRA Victims.

This thread gets avoided like the plague around here. People still think Trump did it after this has all come out in the open. Man thats some powerful influence the msm has...TELL-A-VISION. Like MK ULTRA Victims.
Oh hell no, they don't want to talk about the trial. It's see no evil and hear no evil when it comes to the trial.

Would this rise to the level of "Existential Threat"? Would it be greater than, or equal to mean tweets that place our democracy on life support?

Reactions: DANC and Indianaftw

Despite all of you guys posting your lists of grievances, none of what you are posting has anything to do with what I assumed was the theme of this thread. Sussmann is accused of lying to the FBI/Baker and those 2 men were the only two people in the room. So the only question to be resolved in this ongoing trial is whether or not the jury is going to find him guilty of lying...

I don't need to rely on "talking points" because the issue in this trial is pretty clearly delineated. The Epoch Times groupie has posted very little which addresses the only question the jury will decide. By contrast I have formed my opinion of how this trial will conclude and presented my positions here based on the analysis I have read from people at lawfare, who are not only practicing attorneys, but also have experience in the role of Prosecuting cases as representatives of the Govt.

When they outline why the case is so weak and set out the evidence, they (imho) make a much more compelling case than whatever conclusions you are desperately trying to draw. Most of what you post has nothing to do with regards to providing evidence as to whether Sussmann is guilty of lying or not. Sussmann ONLY talked to Baker, and since Baker has given conflicting accounts at various times and has said opposite things under oath, I maintain that the average juror is going to have a tough time determining that the Prosecution has met the burden of proof that Sussmann lied.

The tweets from today which indicate Gaynor has also given conflicting testimony, would seem to make an acquittal much more likely because the jury has no reason to just blindly accept this newer version of events. If the case ends in acquittal or mistrial, and Durham decides he wants to pursue perjury charges vs Baker and/or Gaynor, he would be free to explore that option. But again I think that might raise some interesting questions about why both men only gave testimony that suggested a crime had occurred after being pressured by Durham.

Durham KNEW of their previous testimony, including Bakers deposition under oath in sub committee proceedings, yet he chose to try and present this case anyway. He was able to get the indictment because the Grand Jury was likely not aware that Baker had testified to a different scenario earlier, and the GJ procedure doesn't allow for cross-examination. But the actual trial is different and Durham had to know it was a risk. I think he was gambling he could pressure Sussmann to confess, but it seems to have been a desperate gamble and a very weak case.

Your claim that the FBI "knew" is immaterial to whether Sussmann lied or not. And actually claiming the FBI "knew" (if true) would make it even more less likely that Baker asked Sussmann about it. And if he never asked Sussmann (because he already "knew"), then how could Sussmann lie in response to a question that was never asked?

As much as you want it to be, the FBI is NOT on trial here. The question before the jury will be did Sussmann lie to Baker or not. That's it...

And it's hilarious that after a campaign which relied on destroying Clinton's reputation and coining the term "crooked Hillary", Trump had the gall to whine about losing his "reputation". He started that nonsense with the "lock her up" chants, so to whine about the person he personally defamed initially, being involved in his lost "reputation" is pathetically hypocritical. I realize hypocrisy doesn't bother you, but like I said it's as pathetic as Peterson crying about the viciousness of people on twitter, responding to his vicious attack which started everything...

There has been no testimony presented that claimed the FBI knew anything beyond the belief that the Alfa bank server was not a legitimate reason for concern. THAT is a far cry from claiming the FBI knew the entire Russia investigation wasn't true. In fact that testimony has indicated that the FBI decided within a couple of days that the Alfa bank connection wasn't real. Consequently they completely dropped it, and both Operation Cross fire Hurricane and later the Mueller Investigation did not include any aspect of the possible Alfa bank server issue...

When those idiots in that Fox video added their editorial comments like fake and fraudulent, and claimed Robbie Mook agreed with that statement, they are misrepresenting what he said and what he agreed to. If you bother to watch that Fox video and compare it with the printed testimony as presented by the Epoch Times guy, you can easily see that they are lying about what Mook said. I know the inference works fine for you, and their audience as a whole doesn't play close attention. But their deception is glaringly obvious...

• Haha
There has been no testimony presented that claimed the FBI knew anything beyond the belief that the Alfa bank server was not a legitimate reason for concern. THAT is a far cry from claiming the FBI knew the entire Russia investigation wasn't true. In fact that testimony has indicated that the FBI decided within a couple of days that the Alfa bank connection wasn't real. Consequently they completely dropped it, and both Operation Cross fire Hurricane and later the Mueller Investigation did not include any aspect of the possible Alfa bank server issue...

When those idiots in that Fox video added their editorial comments like fake and fraudulent, and claimed Robbie Mook agreed with that statement, they are misrepresenting what he said and what he agreed to. If you bother to watch that Fox video and compare it with the printed testimony as presented by the Epoch Times guy, you can easily see that they are lying about what Mook said. I know the inference works fine for you, and their audience as a whole doesn't play close attention. But their deception is glaringly obvious...

Reactions: Indianaftw
Again in this particular thread I'm not arguing for or against your position regarding the Russia Investigation. My posts deal exclusively with the issue of Sussmann's guilt on the indictment he's charged with. Whether your position is wrong or right overall, none of it has anything to do with this charge, which is why it's such a ridiculous ploy by Durham in the first place.

Sussman billed the campaign for 2 thumb drives he's guilty and lied. Whether or not this stacked judge and jury find him guilty or not Durham has done the country a huge favor and debunked every single thing the msm told everyone since 2016.

Also Grassley said a couple days back...

Previously, a former FBI lawyer admitted falsifying evidence submitted to the FISA court in order to get surveillance warrants targeting the Trump campaign.

Grassley said testimony and documents submitted at the Sussmann trial showed FBI managers, including ex-Director James Comey, were "fired up" to pursue what turned out to be false allegations created by the Clinton campaign and delivered to the FBI by Sussmann that Trump had a secret communications channel to the Kremlin back in 2016.

"By the looks of it, this FBI document contains false information," Grassley said.

"I fear these recent developments are just the tip of the iceberg," he added. "The FBI’s exposure to false information and actually using it for investigative purposes wreaks of a political vendetta. A get-Trump-at-all-costs attitude. Whether Sussmann is convicted or not, the evidence introduced by Durham shows serious government misconduct. Special Counsel Durham can’t let government misconduct go unpunished."

It's what many have been saying all along that had access to all this info back in 2016. But they carried on with an impeachment hearing, basement meetings and role playing, a whistleblower which was all a lie. The Mueller investigation which EVERYONE has made clear was a ridiculous sham and waste of taxpayer money.

Isn't it odd that whatever the msm says is exactly the opposite.

Cosmic hold your typing I wont read anything you post. Its worthless as is any comment from anyone that denies the above. You won't get a comment from me because you're wrong and have been hoodwinked this entire time.

A jury in Washington, D.C., has acquitted lawyer Michael Sussmann on a single charge of lying to the FBI, dealing a blow to the three-year investigation by special counsel John Durham.

A jury in Washington, D.C., has acquitted lawyer Michael Sussmann on a single charge of lying to the FBI, dealing a blow to the three-year investigation by special counsel John Durham.

No doubt the same people who felt that Rittenhouse was a "hero" and praised the jury in his case will whine about the results in this case which was a joke from the start. If you're going to acquit a kid who basically killed two unarmed people because he felt "threatened", you can't reasonably claim the system is rigged when a jury in a far less serious case is supposed to accept that prosecution witnesses who can't even keep their stories consistent is supposed to somehow eliminate "reasonable doubt"...

Of course the key word is "reasonably"...

I’ll hang up and listen.
Safe to say that 3+ mos after you posted this, the most appropriate response is to characterize Durham's filing as a joke... And the jury agreed...

"Jurors deliberated for six hours, spread over two days, before delivering the unanimous verdict to a courtroom filled with the defendant's family and members of the news media.

The jury forewoman, who did not give her name, told reporters outside the courthouse that "I think we could have spent our time more wisely."

Do jurors ever laugh at a prosecutor's "case"? Wondering if this could possibly be a first?

Last edited:

This was a tough case for the prosecutor. It really came down to one FBI agent who did not originally remember the key part of the case, whether Sussman said he was not working for someone. Still, I would not have been surprised by a guilty verdict, juries tend to give credibility to LEOs. At the same point, I'm not surprised by the not guilty. There was an awful lot a jury could hang their hat on a not guilty verdict.

I suspect half the board will find this a total miscarriage, as would the other half if it would have gone the other way. And there is our problem as a nation. We see too much simply as partisans.

This was a tough case for the prosecutor. It really came down to one FBI agent who did not originally remember the key part of the case, whether Sussman said he was not working for someone. Still, I would not have been surprised by a guilty verdict, juries tend to give credibility to LEOs. At the same point, I'm not surprised by the not guilty. There was an awful lot a jury could hang their hat on a not guilty verdict.

I suspect half the board will find this a total miscarriage, as would the other half if it would have gone the other way. And there is our problem as a nation. We see too much simply as partisans.
Yup. One man’s lie is another man’s lie.

Sussman clearly lied to the FBI. But lying does not satisfy the statute. It must be material to an investigation, and it must be the moving cause of trying to adversely affect an FBI investigation. The second two elements had very little evidence. Reasonable doubt was easy.

Funny that most on this board ignored the second and third elements of General Flynn's charge despite my highly partisan best efforts to point that out. Sussman had sympathetic democraic judge, Flynn had a democratic hard ass. Durham was open and above board with Sussman, Weisssman was underhanded and aggressive with Flynn as he threatened Flynn's kids with prosecution if Flynn didn't plead.

In the DC justice swamp, it pays to be a Democrat defendant in a political case. .

Sussman clearly lied to the FBI. But lying does not satisfy the statute. It must be material to an investigation, and it must be the moving cause of trying to adversely affect an FBI investigation. The second two elements had very little evidence. Reasonable doubt was easy.

Funny that most on this board ignored the second and third elements of General Flynn's charge despite my highly partisan best efforts to point that out. Sussman had sympathetic democraic judge, Flynn had a democratic hard ass. Durham was open and above board with Sussman, Weisssman was underhanded and aggressive with Flynn as he threatened Flynn's kids with prosecution if Flynn didn't plead.

In the DC justice swamp, it pays to be a Democrat defendant in a political case. .
As I understand it, his original contact was the one that said Sussman clearly stated he was not there on behalf of a client. But that agent did not make that statement in his original depositions. It came about as a result of questions after the original.

So while I agree, Sussman may have been lying. But if the timeline I have read is accurate, it is also possible the agent's original memory was accurate. I really don't have any way of knowing having not sat in the room and hearing the testimony. Hence why I think it really could have broken either way.

The fact that Sussman is in trial debunks every freaking one of you and the left msm arm that lead us here. Btwn the Steele dossier and now this every damn left msm article or piece of news regarding collusion is bullshit and especially Mueller. Whenever I even see someone bring that up it just proves how uninformed the left is. It's really sad too that the msm has tricked its viewers into believing the narrative they wanted to create. It's even been brought up in this case already how quickly they ran this to the media.

It should make all of us mad.

All of it was an attempt to keep a non politician out of politics and especially one that threatened every deep seeded corrupt political hack already in DC. It could have happened to anyone that messaged the same.
You wrote, "The fact that Sussman is in trial debunks every freaking one of you and the left msm arm that lead us here."

Not any more, guy. Not any more:

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You are so draped in 2016 msm media I can smell you from here. Omg you need help man. Get over Trump and collusion there was none. I'll never EVER trust the left or the media ever again. Trump made an announcement to dismantle them and every politician and government agency lined up against him. Your stories and media links mean nothing to me. Ive read several credible articles and videos from people in the fbi, cia, doj, and military. The way shit went down was highly abnormal. Good for you and your opinion. I'll ride with mine. And Thank your friends...The Clinton's.
You wrote:

"msm media"
"the media"
"media links"

You realize, don't you, that FoxNews is now 100% mainstream -- in fact, FoxNews claims more viewers than either CNN or MSNBC ( but not both added together).

So, do you consider Fox News to be mainstream too?

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Perhaps you should go crying to former president Trump. Trump stated he fired Flynn "because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI." Flynn, of course, pled guilty, not once but twice, to a charge of lying to the FBI. His kid, who was also his closest aide, fueled the false and dangerous "Pizzagate" conspiracy theory.

Also, the "sympathetic democraic (sic) judge" in the Sussman trial denied a pretrial defense motion to dismiss based on the materiality issue. The jury decided that issue, not Judge Cooper.

Stop the whining. It was a weak case, and a huge defeat for Durham.

Still sub and volunteer. Last regularly taught was 2014. History isn’t even taught in second grade. Indiana history starts in 4th. Not much chance to indoctrinate.
It's amazing to me that many states do not require substitute teachers to have an actual teacher license, though they are still screened in other ways.

I was surprised to find that I know two retirees who supplement their income as substitute teachers. They were too embarrassed about their financial situations to talk about it in the past. The night before, they go on their regular school systems' websites to check the next day's needs for substitute teachers and pick the ones they want. One always picks the same high school's special needs class and said he and the students know and like each other and he feels like he is helping them, even as a substitute. He says he could work fulltime as a substitute teacher.

I had no idea the substitute teacher industry was so developed.

Wouldn't you think an FBI agent would tell the truth without being under oath?

I would. I guess you're fine with him not telling the truth all the time - especially when it would benefit Democrats.
You can't prove a point by just asking a question and assuming, hoping, believing, demanding that all your readers agree with, well, agree with something you didn't actually come out and say plus prove.

The single charge is that Sussman told Baker he wasn't working for any specific client. The problem is despite what he may have said yesterday about being 100% sure, that is not what he said in questioning by House subcommittee members. In fact he only started to express his current position after Durham began pressing him and apparently convinced him that he did in fact remember. To this point the Durham probe has lasted longer than the Mueller investigation...

The reality is that Baker likely doesn't remember and there is no reason to expect him to. It was a meeting with a friend and it didn't amount to anything. There is no reason for Baker to commit every facet to memory because he didn't consider it a big deal So when he found himself being grilled by the likes of Jim Jordan in a 2018 subcommittee session, he was reluctant to allow Jordan to bully him into making claims that he wasn't sure were true or not. Jordan is the epitome of obnoxious and annoying with his whiny sneer...From the Sept lawfare analysis I linked to previously...Regarding the subcommittee grilling...

"Baker makes clear there are a bunch of facts about the interaction that he doesn’t remember all that well—which is hardly surprising, given that it was presumably not a meeting he expected to have to testify about years after the fact. He says, for example, that he doesn’t remember whether Sussmann told him in advance what he was coming over to talk about (p. 99) and that he wasn’t sure whether it was Bill Priestap or Pete Strzok to whom he referred the matter, though he thinks it was Priestap and knows he did it “within minutes” (pp. 99-100)."

Jordan (who put a lot more effort into defending Trump, than he did the wrestlers he coached at OSU) tried to bully Baker into acknowledging that on that specific day he knew that Sussmann worked for the Clinton campaign. But Baker doesn't remember if he knew that at the time of the meeting, or if he found out later and tells that to Jordan...

"At one point (pp. 122-123), Jordan asks specifically, “And was he representing a client when he brought this information to you? Or just out of the goodness of his heart, someone gave it to him and brought it to you?” This leads to the following exchange:

So what Baker said was that he didn't remember, and specifically that he didn't recall Sussmann specifically addressing whether he had a client or not. That's an honest answer about events two years earlier that you viewed as of little consequence at the time and never expected to have to recall minute details about. That is NOT Baker saying that Sussmann told him he didn't have a client...

Now it's 4 yrs after that, after extensive coaching from a Prosecutor desperate to make a case. Now he suddenly unequivocally remembers details which he already said on numerous occasions that he didn't remember?

That's why he had to amend it to 75%, and why his testimony is so weak. Why would you suddenly remember details that you took no note of initially? It doesn't make any sense, and imho it goes directly to the heart to the concept of reasonable doubt.

Ben Wittes who is editor of Lawfare and wrote the analysis is a friend of Baker's. He surmises that Durham is trying to pressure Sussmann into sacrificing others to save himself. But this is the definition of a weak case, and I'd be beyond shocked if 12 individuals all accepted the story that Durham wants them to believe regarding Baker's remarkable memory transformation...

The trial testimony indicates the particular FBI personnel knew who Sussmann and his clients were.

So, as for the disclosure issue, had Sussmann walked into the room completely naked in front of the FBI but didn't say a word, some of these posters would still scream, "He tricked them!! He didn't disclose to them that he was completely naked !!"

Ditto for the Mueller report, which declined to reach a conclusion because Mueller didn't think he had jurisdiction. These same guys rant "Trump was innocent because Mueller didn't find him guilty."

They just aren't smart enough to understand the basics.

• Haha
You wrote:

"msm media"
"the media"
"media links"

You realize, don't you, that FoxNews is now 100% mainstream -- in fact, FoxNews claims more viewers than either CNN or MSNBC ( but not both added together).

So, do you consider Fox News to be mainstream too?
He's not going to be able to respond for a while.

The trial testimony indicates the particular FBI personnel knew who Sussmann and his clients were.

So, as for the disclosure issue, had Sussmann walked into the room completely naked in front of the FBI but didn't say a word, some of these posters would still scream, "He tricked them!! He didn't disclose to them that he was completely naked !!"

Ditto for the Mueller report, which declined to reach a conclusion because Mueller didn't think he had jurisdiction. These same guys rant "Trump was innocent because Mueller didn't find him guilty."

You and your kind are the reason we have
Judges in courtrooms.

The basics are that Sussman lied to the FBI. It didn't matter because the FBI welcomed Sussman material, nurtured it, developed it, and it morphed into Mueller investigation.

The whole thing was a Clinton Campaign sham and she succeeded in weaponizing the FBI in her favor. That part worked. But in the long run it didn't work because she lost. But the seeds grew and material events continued into 2017. This damaged the Trump presidency. Ignorant partisans on this board still believe Mueller didn't indict because of jurisdiction or something and that Trump was indeed Putin's agent.

It's all as phoney as dairy free ice cream.

How is it a blow to the investigation? Danchenko is up next.

This trial served its purpose - it exposed the Russian Collusion Hoax for what it is - a schemed concocted by the Clinton campaign with the help of foreign assets and accepted and promoted by a willing FBI.

It's exposed the absolute corruption of the Democrat Party.

Besides, as you leftists on the board like to say, just because he wasn't exonerated doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Whether he was found guilty of lying to the FBI about who he was representing when he passed along false information, that's totally irrelevant. It just proved what Trump was saying all along.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Total exoneration.
Nooooo.... that's not what you said when after the Mueller investigation.

There was more evidence of lying than of Trump colluding with the Russians to influence the election.

At least be consistent.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
You can't prove a point by just asking a question and assuming, hoping, believing, demanding that all your readers agree with, well, agree with something you didn't actually come out and say plus prove.
Whut?

Wait - I'll bet you think you're 'smart'. lmao

You and your kind are the reason we have
Judges in courtrooms.
Here's another reason:

"A few times during the trial, the judge chided prosecutors for asking politically tinged question of witnesses."

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
Here's another reason:

"A few times during the trial, the judge chided prosecutors for asking politically tinged question of witnesses."

Ah yes, that's the judge whose daughter plays on the same soccer team of the defendant's daughter.

No conflict of interest there!

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT