ADVERTISEMENT

Welp.....that was disappointing for both teams

Sep 27, 2016
I thought your defense played a lot better than the Buckeyes thought they would, but both offenses were pretty bad.
From an OSU perspective, we are looking at 3 losses and maybe more. Justin Fields and C.J. Stroud ain't walking through
the doors of the OSU football complex, and OSU's running game isn't strong enough to take pressure off of the bad QB play.
Unless the QB play improves dramatically, we could have megatron and Randy Moss out there and it wouldn't matter.
I thought OSU's defense was improved over last year's debacle but (with all due respect) let's see how they hold up against
the better offenses they will face.

If I were Tom Allen, I would try to get the more mobile guy the bulk of the reps. Although the stats didn't bear it out, the
triple option look is tougher to defend then the drop back style.

Overall, this game was like the senior prom. A lot of build up for 3+ hours of MEH

Best of luck this season!

Both teams will have to wait until their third or fourth game to see how good they really are. Still IU's ineptness at finding anything that worked consistently is concerning but maybe the defense they faced is that good.

Both teams will have to wait until their third or fourth game to see how good they really are. Still IU's ineptness at finding anything that worked consistently is concerning but maybe the defense they faced is that good.
I think it’s the offensive system in general. Why are we running the triple option? Why are we running the smallest dude on the team up the middle? Jaylin should be getting screens and sweeps and crossing routes only. We have two capable running backs that were in when moving the ball…..
and just the cadence of plays and feel for a game seems to be lacking for our OC.

A key to the triple option is the defense not being familiar with it. Do you recall an undermanned Navy team defeating Indiana when they scored on every possession - never punting once in the entire game!

Last edited:
A key to the triple option is the defense not being familiar with it. Do you recall a undermanned Navy team defeating Indiana when they scored on every possession - never punting once in the entire game!
The key to a triple option is possessing the option to throw and that wasn’t there yesterday. Ahia knew it and you saw the result. Lot of work to do with the QBs, it will be interesting to see who regroups and improves That will be our guy.

I think it’s the offensive system in general. Why are we running the triple option? Why are we running the smallest dude on the team up the middle? Jaylin should be getting screens and sweeps and crossing routes only. We have two capable running backs that were in when moving the ball…..
and just the cadence of plays and feel for a game seems to be lacking for our OC.
we and others wondered the same thing regarding how JL was used. He is subject to injury and we don’t need DLs pancaking him.

Worse.
Tuttle is less mobile and made a lot of really bad decisions. He had 1 good game in his career at IU.
Sheridan thought he could throw in the second half with a dislocated shoulder while giving up on the run which is another reason why coach Allen fired him. Sheridan wasn't running Deboer's offense but DeBoard's offense which was the big problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT