ADVERTISEMENT

Under the Hood

My son coaches in the Atlanta area and Coach Sunseri came to his school to talk to him about recruiting several of his players. He said Sunseri was more interesting and exciting to talk to than any one on the previous staffs that he has dealt with.

I agree, these are good interviews. I am curious, I wonder what are the differences, if any between workouts under this staff.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I was hoping he'd ask what was the state of the strength, fitness and ability of the players compared to expectations, or compared to James Madison. But it's meaningless mostly, so not surprised it wasn't asked.

When Bobby Johnson (a solid coach) came from head coach at Furman to head man at Vanderbilt, he was asked after a few workouts his early impressions of the state of the roster, and he said "to be honest, it's worse than I expected".

Reactions: vesuvius13
I was hoping he'd ask what was the state of the strength, fitness and ability of the players compared to expectations, or compared to James Madison. But it's meaningless mostly, so not surprised it wasn't asked.

When Bobby Johnson (a solid coach) came from head coach at Furman to head man at Vanderbilt, he was asked after a few workouts his early impressions of the state of the roster, and he said "to be honest, it's worse than I expected".
I would have like to heard that also and thought he was close a couple of times but both Rhett and he did not get too far in that direction. I will say I was a little disappointed watching JMU vs Air Force in their bowl game. I thought their OL and DL were manhandled by Air Force in that game. I don't know how many were not playing due to change or portal but I wasn't impressed based on what I had heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT