ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why even mess around with the hush money?

Reporter: "Is it true....?"

Trump: " Yeah, I ****ed her."

Simple. No one would care.

Just get gas under $3, rates under 5%, and a fast food value metal under $5. Winner.
You won't care. I wouldn't care.
But there is a small section of the religious right electorate that are already holding their nose while pulling that lever for him. Admitting infidelity might have been a bridge too far in 2016, and even a 1% difference in a couple of states could have made a difference in the outcome (for example, Trump won Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin by about 1%).

I guess Monica Crowley doesn't understand chrnology...

There was no "Biden DOJ" when the investigation into Trump in this case began. Trump was still POTUS when Pomerantz was hired to lead the investigation under Cyrus Vance. Vance announced he was not seeking re-election in March 2021, about 1 month after Biden assumed the POTUS...

Let's look at the timeline of the case prior to Vance announcing his retirement...From the statements of FACT in the current case, starting with the summer of 2017...

Summer 2017​

Trump invites Pecker to the White House for dinner to thank him for his help during the campaign, according to the statement of facts.

April 9, 2018

The FBI executes a search warrant on Cohen's residences and office, according to a statement of facts. Prosecutors allege that in the months that followed, Trump and others engaged in a public and private pressure campaign to try to ensure that Cohen did not cooperate with law enforcement in the federal investigation.

Cohen (Lawyer A) speaks with Trump on the day of the FBI searches, according to prosecutors. Trump allegedly told him to "stay strong," according to the statement of facts."
So dbm what do you think Trump was referring to when he told Cohen to "stay strong"? And why would Trump want to discourage Cohen from co-operating in a criminal investigation?

Moving on...

April 21, 2018​

Trump publicly encourages Cohen not to "flip" in a series of tweets saying, "Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if it means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don't see Michael doing that."

Mid-April 2018​

Cohen (Lawyer A) is approached by an attorney -- Lawyer C -- who offers to represent him in the interest of maintaining a "back channel of communication" to Trump, according to the statement of facts.

On April 21, 2018, Lawyer C allegedly emails Cohen (Lawyer A) stating that he has a close relationship with Trump's personal attorney, named as
Lawyer D, according to the statement of facts.

June 14, 2018​

Lawyer C emails Cohen (Lawyer A) a news clip discussing the possibility of him cooperating with law enforcement, encouraging him not to, according to the statement of facts.

"The whole objective of this exercise by the [federal prosecutors] is to drain you, emotionally and financially, until you reach a point that you see them as your only means to salvation," Lawyer C wrote in the email, according to the statement of facts.

In the same email, Lawyer C wrote, "You are making a very big mistake if you believe the stories these 'journalists' are writing about you. They want you to cave. They want you to fail. They do not want you to persevere and succeed," according to the statement of facts."

Again dbm what was Trump afraid of, as an "innocent" man? Exactly why would the POTUS be telling/advising Cohen NOT to co-operate in a criminal investigation conducted under HIS (Trump's) own Administration?

July 2, 2018

In an in-depth interview that airs on "Good Morning America," his first since the FBI raided his office and homes in April, Cohen strongly signals his willingness to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York -- even if that puts Trump in jeopardy."
So you do realize that in July 2018 many if not all of the prosecutors in the SDNY are going to be Trump appointees. Right?

"My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will," Cohen tells ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "I put family and country first."

Aug. 21, 2018​

Cohen pleads guilty in the federal investigation admitting to his role in AMI's payoff to McDougal (Woman 1) to influence the election, according to the indictment, and saying in his plea that he had done so at Trump's direction.

Cohen also pleads guilty in connection with his payoff of Daniels to secure her silence, claiming it was done at Trump's direction, according to the statement of facts."

So in Aug 2018, what motivation does Cohen have to work out a plea arrangement with TRUMP PROSECUTORS, where he "falsely" claims he was working at Trump's behest? A lighter sentence? :rolleyes:

"Trump comments on Twitter saying, "If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don't retain the services of Michael Cohen!"

September 2018​

"Cohen and AMI admit guilt in connection with the payoffs made to the two women claiming Trump had extramarital relations with them, according to the statement of facts.

AMI entered into a non-prosecution agreement with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York in connection to the payoff made to Woman 1, admitting it did not intend to publish a story at any time during the negotiation or acquisition of her story, the practice known as "catch and kill," according to the statement of facts."

Now it's SEPT 2018. Not only is there no Biden DOJ, but there is NO BIDEN ADMINISTRATION. The GOP has a monopoly on SCOTUS, and they also control the Presidency, the House and the US Senate. Michael Cohen has not only plead guilty but he has (on his own) maintained that he did so at the behest of the CURRENT POTUS.

Can you explain WHAT Cohen had to gain by lying? And WHO he would gain that supposed "benefit" from? The Dem minority in both houses? The undeclared future POTUS Biden and his DOJ?

When you break this shit down logically it reveals how stupid some of Trump's defenders have to be.

March 2021​

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance announces he will not seek reelection after 12 years in office, with the investigation into Trump still ongoing. His office had begun to look into hush money payments made to Stormy Daniels in 2018."
Again just to reiterate for a moron like Monica Crowley, The investigation into Stormy hush money began in 2018. There was no Biden DOJ, Donnie was POTUS, and the Pubs controlled the US Govt completely...

Nov. 2, 2021​

"Alvin Bragg is elected district attorney in Manhattan. Once in office, he picks up the investigation into Trump.

Bragg had led the investigation into the Trump Foundation in 2017 under then-Attorney General Eric Schneiderman for "extensive unlawful political conduct" with the charity's money and using it for personal matters. The foundation was dissolved and Trump was forced to pay $2 million as part of a settlement in 2019."
In other words ALVIN BRAGG IS A GOOD GUY. He went after a scumbag conman whose "charity" stole funds from an organization designed to help kids with cancer. That and other scumbag scams like Trump U were not being investigated for "political reasons".They were investigated because Trump is a conman that rips people off.

I'm not aware of a single other POTUS forced to pay a huge settlement ($2 Million) to prevent being sued while in office? And some of you don't understand what a conman grifter Trump is and has always been?

Nov. 4, 2021​

"Vance convenes a new grand jury for six months to hear evidence against Trump, paving the way for it to last until after he leaves office in January."

The grand jury that was already convened was set to expire. It had voted to bring charges against the Trump Organization and its CFO, Weisselberg, on unrelated matters."
It's Nov 2021. Most of that EVIDENCE was likely compiled via investigations underway since 2017. Again BEFORE Biden was POTUS...

The takeaway here is that the previous Grand Jury who brought charges against Trump Org (ran by Donnie Trump) was ready to expire in Nov 2021. That means that the original Grand Jury had been convened, heard evidence and decided Trump's Company had committed crimes WHILE Trump was POTUS. There was no Biden DOJ to initiate that proceeding.Pomerantz worked on that investigation starting in 2020. Again NO BIDEN DOJ existed, much less organized the effort to investigate Trump.

I'm guessing the authors of those tweets are not only NOT lawyers/legal experts, but also that they don't really understand the case. McConney is a hostile witness testfiying under subpoena...

Pay attention to when Andrew Weissman (who IS an experienced Federal Prosecutor) explains why McConney's testimony was so devastating to Trump. But keep believing that McConney just got the case dropped... ;)

I'm guessing the authors of those tweets are not only NOT lawyers/legal experts, but also that they don't really understand the case. McConney is a hostile witness testfiying under subpoena...

Pay attention to when Andrew Weissman (who IS an experienced Federal Prosecutor) explains why McConney's testimony was so devastating to Trump. But keep believing that McConney just got the case dropped... ;)

Andrew Weissman? Bwaahahahaha

Trump prosecutor Susan Hoffinger told the judge that there would be 'no descriptions of genitalia or anything.'

'But it’s important to us to elicit that she had sex with him, and how she felt about it.'

He just posted articles, video, and court docs who cares where it's from.

I know one thing with the election less than 6 months away anything the msm says is pure horseshit, but you will have the usual non thinking sheep posting, defending, and wallowing in it. Now you know the rest of the story. Paul Harvey...Good day!
He posted crap he didn’t read or didn’t understand. It’s what he does. You don’t read or understand them either. You’re sheep believing stupid tweets of Trumpster Twitter Twits.

He posted crap he didn’t read or didn’t understand. It’s what he does. You don’t read or understand them either. You’re sheep believing stupid tweets of Trumpster Twitter Twits.
That was a "well thought" out reply aloha. You should be proud of that effort. It's a shame you don't even understand how twitter works, therefore all you can do is throw insults at it and the people who know how to use it properly. You need a manual?

Either grow up or learn son. OR go eat your furry food, JLP (kjp) should be along shortly.

That was a "well thought" out reply aloha. You should be proud of that effort. It's a shame you don't even understand how twitter works, therefore all you can do is throw insults at it and the people who know how to use it properly. You need a manual?

Either grow up or learn son. OR go eat your furry food, JLP (kjp) should be along shortly.
Read what the twits actually link rather than what they say about what they link. I don’t think you’re smart enough to understand it, but it would be a start. To be honest, I think you’d have to be a lot smarter to be dumb.

Don’t call me son. My father isn’t an idiot.

Read what the twits actually link rather than what they say about what they link. I don’t think you’re smart enough to understand it, but it would be a start. To be honest, I think you’d have to be a lot smarter to be dumb.

Don’t call me son. My father isn’t an idiot.
Why didn't you just say furry food SON

Andrew Weissman? Bwaahahahaha

Twitter? You think Twitter is sitting in the jury box hearing all the evidence? You guys coninually post stupid claims from half-twits who just take the view that anyone who opposes Trump is a "leftist".

The FBI has always been full of Republicans. Mueller is a Republican, Weissman was appointed assistant and then chief director of the FBI's Enron task force by George Bush. The other reason Mueller chose Weissman as a key cog in the investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 (besides his FBI experience) is that Weissman was very involved in prosecuting organized crime figures.

While at the EDNY, he headed up cases vs the Gambino, Columbo and Genovese crime families. So Mueller likely felt Weissman's previous crime family experience would fit right in with an investigation of Trump.

I guess to morons on Twitter that makes him a "leftist"? The point is that whatever you think of him for going after your idol Trump (and especially Manafort), his grasp of what it takes to be able to determine whether testimony benefited the Prosecution or not is based on pretty unasailable. personal experience in thousands of prosecutions.

But you go on giving credence to nonsense from half T wits like "Lori Mills", "Matrix Forest" and "Alex Brusewitz" and wonder why you always end up wrong. Why you lose elections, why your predictions always turn up wrong, and why you persist in that kind of nonsense...

Alex Brusewitz is a genius. I guess he thinks the Prosecution is somehow unaware of Stormy's earlier claim or the fact that she changed her mind? No doubt this will catch the prosecution completely off guard, since among other facts Stormy only discusses it in her book/movie for anyone to see...

Twitter? You think Twitter is sitting in the jury box hearing all the evidence? You guys coninually post stupid claims from half-twits who just take the view that anyone who opposes Trump is a "leftist".

The FBI has always been full of Republicans. Mueller is a Republican, Weissman was appointed assistant and then chief director of the FBI's Enron task force by George Bush. The other reason Mueller chose Weissman as a key cog in the investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 (besides his FBI experience) is that Weissman was very involved in prosecuting organized crime figures.

While at the EDNY, he headed up cases vs the Gambino, Columbo and Genovese crime families. So Mueller likely felt Weissman's previous crime family experience would fit right in with an investigation of Trump.

I guess to morons on Twitter that makes him a "leftist"? The point is that whatever you think of him for going after your idol Trump (and especially Manafort), his grasp of what it takes to be able to determine whether testimony benefited the Prosecution or not is based on pretty unasailable. personal experience in thousands of prosecutions.

But you go on giving credence to nonsense from half T wits like "Lori Mills", "Matrix Forest" and "Alex Brusewitz" and wonder why you always end up wrong. Why you lose elections, why your predictions always turn up wrong, and why you persist in that kind of nonsense...

Alex Brusewitz is a genius. I guess he thinks the Prosecution is somehow unaware of Stormy's earlier claim or the fact that she changed her mind? No doubt this will catch the prosecution completely off guard, since among other facts Stormy only discusses it in her book/movie for anyone to see...
Dbm's (and DDE's) understanding of the law is based on what he "learns" from Twitter/X and from watching old episodes of Judge Judy.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Because I’m not an idiot, idiot.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, tell me that you did not flail your arms while typing this... wait... flail an arm I mean... otherwise you couldn't be typing... .. I had to catch myself there... (says to self, "good catch joe !!")

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, tell me that you did not flail your arms while typing this... wait... flail an arm I mean... otherwise you couldn't be typing... .. I had to catch myself there... (says to self, "good catch joe !!")
Why would I flailing my arm(s)? That makes no sense at all.

439953988_2332539373614712_5900085929307976319_n.jpg

That's what I was saying. Wouldn't make any sense, but I could definitely see you doing it in practice.
Sense be damn, it Trump by god !!!
T
D
S baby !!
What you you think you see is incorrect as usual. I’m not the excitable type. Not even close.

Trump sycophants have TDS. They are so deranged by Trump they have no objectivity. You get TDS wrong too.

What you you think you see is incorrect as usual. I’m not the excitable type. Not even close.

Trump sycophants have TDS. They are so deranged by Trump they have no objectivity. You get TDS wrong too.
you voted for biden. after 50 yrs of documented grifting. Whether you say if your vote meant anything or not, YOU voted for biden to help pump up the real sycophants, which means that your vote DID in fact make a difference.
Listen, we all know your level of TDS and how it has changed you from what you SAY you are, verses what you SAY you support.
We
All
Know.

It's ok, we all know. You voluntarily came out of the biden closet, and there is nothing wrong with that. Rainbow flag warship needs a captain also! chips ahoy mate !

Reactions: mushroomgod_1
you voted for biden. after 50 yrs of documented grifting. Whether you say if your vote meant anything or not, YOU voted for biden to help pump up the real sycophants, which means that your vote DID in fact make a difference.
Listen, we all know your level of TDS and how it has changed you from what you SAY you are, verses what you SAY you support.
We
All
Know.

It's ok, we all know. You voluntarily came out of the biden closet, and there is nothing wrong with that. Rainbow flag warship needs a captain also! chips ahoy mate !
Yes, I voted against Trump. I’ll never vote for him because he is totally unfit. Not supporting Trump does not change the policies I support.

Your TDS destroyed your objectivity.

34 counts falsifying biz records which of course he did. E. Lowest grade felony. Why let a jury handle it and go through all the bs. Cohen etc. Judge won’t jail him. Alford plea.
Roy Cohn would never allow it. Therefore not happening in any of the cases against him.

Roy Cohn would never allow it. Therefore not happening in any of the cases against him.
Not sure what you’re getting at. US attnys can’t consent but if memory serves they can still be tendered and the fed does an offer of proof.

As for ny I don’t know their procedure for it

Yes, I voted against Trump. I’ll never vote for him because he is totally unfit. Not supporting Trump does not change the policies I support.

Your TDS destroyed your objectivity.
Ummm Captain... our hard core... bubble bubble... stance, seems to be ...blurble blurable.... seems to be blurble spit.. taking on water. Maybe reverse course?? blurble blurble..

Is the rainbow flagship long, hard and full of seamen?
Not since they implemented the forced Liberty Blockers for the crew. They also had to put the propellers in the front so they pulled. They found that pushing a rope just got everything wadded up in a big knot.

Not sure what you’re getting at. US attnys can’t consent but if memory serves they can still be tendered and the fed does an offer of proof.

As for ny I don’t know their procedure for it
Saying Trump would never do it because his mentor Roy Cohn the mob lawyer wouldn’t allow it.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
We
All
Know.

You are without a doubt the leader of the orange koolaid cult. Republican house been investigating the Biden grifting for a year and a half and their star witness lied and is arrested and they got bupkis. On the other hand your dear leader has been indicted on 90 plus felony counts and found guilty of sexual assault, defamation , had a scam university and charity shut down and had to pay millions to people scammed by Trump U. But opine on about Biden please. You are an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT